NEVER trust a salesman!
03-13-2017, (Subject: NEVER trust a salesman! ) 
NEVER trust a salesman!
This literally just happened to me...

Called a local trailer sales company as I see they have a very nice 07 w900 for sale, problem is it has 1.7 million km and seems to have a high price tag, it does have a oilfield pump on it but even then...

Got the salesman and asked him if he has engine repair history, he didnt. In fact he knew nothing of the truck that wasn't on his spec sheet. I asked if he could find out because unless that thing had a drop in..... they were asking way way too much!

Here's where it gets interesting........

He tells me that this truck may be high mileage but it is worth every penny as the truck is owned by them, I can tell he said because it's Thier company colors. He tells me that truck was bought new and has done nothing else but haul empty trailers from the plant to Thier store and they do amazing maintenance on Thier trucks!

Here is where the asshole comes out in me. What he doesn't know is that years ago when a fleet in ontario started selling these w900 and their t800 off, I had a picture from a magazine under my bed for damn near a year, telling my wife that this was my dream truck and one day when I was selfish enough to buy myself a truck instead of one for my drivers..... this would be it!

So here we go ooooooo

I said, why in God's name would a truck that only hauls empty trailers have a 4:11 gear ratio?

Why does it have a crude oil hauling pump?

And why is it ________________ companies colors out of Ontario?

The answer, because your Fu#$@ng lying to me!

I told him to go get me the full info on this truck and get back to me..... after I ripped him a new one for about a minute, he didn't know what to say. I doubt I'll hear back from him.

This is a prime example of why you never ever ever trust a salesman. I got taken in the same way when I bought my pete and found out half the stack of work orders they gave me had a different Vin on it. They are all snakes and are only out to make commission and feed Thier families! It's up to you to look after your own interests.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz , Signature620 , barf , Waterloo , Rawze , hhow55
03-13-2017, (Subject: NEVER trust a salesman! ) 
RE: NEVER trust a salesman!
I hate them. Dealt with so much b.s. when I was shopping. And service after the sale is out the window too.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , hhow55

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.