871 jakes and power issues
03-23-2017, (Subject: 871 jakes and power issues ) 
RE: 871 jakes and power issues
I am by no means an expert.. But I'm out of Missouri, home most weekends.. I'm right off 44 West of six flags.. You need a hand give me a shout.. I'll be glad to help you pull the valve cover, inspect the cams and set the overhead.. And just look things over.. Second pair of eyes never hurts..
replyreply
 Thanks given by: axe , smorgan87 , Rawze , Waterloo , Dd614 , Roysbigtoys , scottydogtruck
03-23-2017, (Subject: 871 jakes and power issues ) 
(03-23-2017 )smorgan87 Wrote:  
(03-15-2017 )Waterloo Wrote:  Almost sounds like the truck is stuck in a state of derate. How many miles on this beast and where are you? Maybe you are close to someone that can take a look at her and put a reader on her that knows more than these dealers and shops.

can the cab computer cause these problems? it was a thought from the shop that i take it to intl to check the cab controller, i just dont have the $ to pay intl to tinker with it for hours on end just to say they dont know whats wrong either. im in missouri run here, ks, ok, ar. hopper stuff. i do know the fueling actuators are seeping a bit. those rebuildable at home or am i stuck buying 500$ actuators?

Doubtful the cab controller has anything to do with your issues. You need someone to put a computer to the motor. PM Squish, he sounds like he is in your neck of the woods. You really need a computer diagnostics session. Like Rawze said, it could be over boost, your fuel actuators... If they are leaking... You can remove and clean them, but they are only good for so many miles and then they are toast. PM Squish.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: smorgan87
03-24-2017, (Subject: 871 jakes and power issues ) 
Check the connections to the cab computer, it is located behind a kick panel on the driver's side. Focus on connector J5(1605) pin F8 is for the engine brake, I think. No corrosion whatsoever on the pins or inside the connector or wiring, any small amount of additional resistance will make the controller act up. Water intrusion can destroy things really fast there too. However it sounds like you have other more serious issues. Just follow what the rest of the guys are recommending. Don't put any test light or probes there, I just saw our company mechanic fry one of these things with a power probe.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , smorgan87
i'll check that out KMK. if it quits raining im gonna try to run an overhead this weekend and check those actuators out. thanks for the offer squish. unfortunately i cant PM anyone these days.
replyreply
im also gonna pull some sensors and clean them per unilivers suggestion.
replyreply
03-29-2017, (Subject: 871 jakes and power issues ) 
(03-24-2017 )smorgan87 Wrote:  i'll check that out KMK. if it quits raining im gonna try to run an overhead this weekend and check those actuators out. thanks for the offer squish. unfortunately i cant PM anyone these days.

I sent you a pm.. If you can't check it let me know..
replyreply
03-29-2017, (Subject: 871 jakes and power issues ) 
From what you said unless i read it wrong your coolant temp goes to 225 it my be derating from this.You need to figure this problem out asap or you will have engine problems in short order.
replyreply
04-08-2017, (Subject: 871 jakes and power issues ) 
got the overhead done today with the help of a motorcycle mechanic buddy. cams looked good. the actuators looked good when i pulled them off a cpl weeks ago. we shall see if theres any improvement this week.
replyreply
06-13-2017, (Subject: 871 jakes and power issues ) 
Update on the truck. Just got her out the shop. New turbo, new actuator and a new injector. Also replaced the imap sensor and ex backpressire sensor. While doing the injector i had them check the jake solonoid which is bad. In my own time i checked jake switch operation and that checked out good. Will replace the solonoid in a cpl weeks. Im poor. Im legitimately pissed at the shi#t work the first shop supposedly did.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.