Red Stop Engine Light
04-06-2017, (Subject: Red Stop Engine Light ) 
RE: Red Stop Engine Light
(04-05-2017 )Tmaj12k Wrote:  ...
The only other thing I have not done yet is add the gear lube to the oil. I've been asking around about it and people are looking at me like I'm crazy!

Those are the same ignorant fools that are quick to tell you to dump in pukas (110 grade viscosity, thicker than most gear lubes). A product that clearly has no protective additives in it at all.

This is because there is a flood of ignorance in trucking based on marketed bulls$it designed to take their money. The bulk of truckers that I have met these days around the truck stops sadly seem to be nothing but sheeple. They follow the fancy advertising and believe what they see on TV and what they hear on the XM radio like sugar in front of an infant.

-- Baahhaaahhha. Don't be a sheeple.

====

When I was at speedco last week getting my oil changed, there was an O/O with a Pete super-sleeper there with a CM2250 engine. - I said hello and chatted with him a bit, then asked if he had any issues with the emissions systems. He then went on to explain that he has had $27,000 in costs last year with it. We were standing on the passenger side of the truck, so I pointed to his still painted red after 480k miles, Dlta-P sensor and said to start by changing/cleaning/inspecting that sensor and piping. Then I walked around to the drivers side and pointed to his IMAP sensor (still origional too), and said to replace that one too.... -- He walked away as I was talking to him, grumbling that I was an idiot. He wasn't about to work on his truck, that is what the dealership is for and if they were so bad, then the dealer would have replaced them.

I shook my head and went back over to my own truck. One of the guys at speedco told him I had made youtube videos on the subject after he had walked away, and he only got mad at them and told them to stop listening to dumbasse drivers who think they know everything.

-- I am proud to be full of S$it, it saves me a lot of money, but I certainly will be the first to tell others that I don't know everything. I only try to be helpful to others based on what I have seen so far.

My wife said to me something important though after the guy walked off. She said that introducing myself to others to be helpful towards them just does not work. It is better if I keep my mouth shut and wait until they become completely desperate and fail miserably first. That way they can find my forum and youtube videos on their own. Approaching people BEFORE this point only makes them stick their head that much further into the sand, digging their hole that much deeper. This is sad, but it is how it works these days. Long gone are the days where people are encouraged to think for themselves, be helpful towards each other, and listen to reason. It is much easier to get mad and call someone a fool and walk away.

I have no pity or remorse for someone who spends $27,000 in emissions system repairs who is failing as a truck owner when they refuse to try to help themselves or their situation. To me this is no different than someone that is starving to death that refuses to eat the bowl of rice you handed them because it was not a steak dinner. - I say let them starve, they will eventually figure it out.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: in2trux , axe , hhow55 , Billdozer2
04-06-2017, (Subject: Red Stop Engine Light ) 
(04-06-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  ...
Hey Rawze, this is very inspiring and very well intended ....but you are your own person to...
I remeber when i messaged you and try to contact you....and I DID get in touch and talk over the phone for 2 minutes after that you told me "fu.k you" and you hang up leaving me with my problems on my own, even though I was a fan of your channel and perform my egr tuneup and listen to your advice way before I had any problems....
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Pigpen 2869
04-07-2017, (Subject: Red Stop Engine Light ) 
(04-06-2017 )doarmihai Wrote:  Hey Rawze, this is very inspiring and very well intended ....but you are your own person to...
I remeber when i messaged you and try to contact you....and I DID get in touch and talk over the phone for 2 minutes after that you told me "fu.k you" and you hang up leaving me with my problems on my own, even though I was a fan of your channel and perform my egr tuneup and listen to your advice way before I had any problems....

You are absolutely correct. I remember that conversation well. It is very rare for me not to get along with someone but when it happens, I will end the communication fast. I got frustrated with you to the point that I just had to tell you to f$ck-off so that you would not call me any more, no offense, but here is why...

You called, and asked a lot of things. EVERY SINGLE THING I REPLIED WITH, you were hell bent on doing nothing but arguing it away. - sorry, but I have better things to do and other people I could be helpful towards that are not like that. I felt like I was being trolled by someone who would rather use duct-tape to solve a problem, than to do something professional and legitimate. Maybe what you do works for you but I don't like it at all and do not get along with people like that.

There were 2 other people here during that conversation that I had just met for the first time and I was outside helping them with their truck. Even they said they didn't know why I tolerated the conversation as long as I did.

Again, no offense, but I would much rather piss someone off up front than to waste time with them arguing away everything I say. - I am known not to get along with everyone, and you seemed to be one of those I would not be able to tolerate for long so after the 8th or 10th thing you were so hell bent on disagreeing with me on, I told you to %fu$k off and hung up on you and put you on call block. I would rather someone know up front that I am not likely to get along with them than later. Remember, this is a hobby, not a job or a career. I would rather let them communicate through the forum instead. It is better than arguing with them and making for a lot of unnecessary friction that only serves to get nowhere. I really don't do drama well at all, it serves no purpose in my life.

Does this mean I dislike you? -- No, I take it in stride. Just means that I would rather not be on the phone with some people and would rather them dislike me a bit than to try to call all the time.

Someone I am not likely to get along with, I would rather stick to communicating on the forum with. That way there is less emotion and drama. If someone (including even myself) is hard headed, etc. then it becomes clear real fast. If discussions or questions are legitimate, then it gives time for everyone to reflect on it and join in on the conversation. This is what my tiny corner of the Internet is for. Everyone learns this way instead of not getting along or arguing. I fully understand that some people use disagreement as part of their means to learn things. I have no problem with this to some extent but when it becomes a constant in the conversation, I know it will lead to bad things and nothing but a barrage of negative emotions. NO one wins so it is best to end it sooner than later.

You have not been left out or excluded as it may have seemed on the phone. My phone rings a lot times every day and I don't even answer it if I am busy or don't feel like talking. Contrary to that, there are more than 1,000 people on this forum and your still here and free to ask those same questions etc. I have no problem with this but just keep in mind that this is not a place for petty drama, etc. Keep things professional, legitimate, and with good merit and I am sure you will have a place here among everyone else that thinks I am full of sH$_t too. - I certainly don't know everything and am very opinionated on how I do things so there will always be people who disagree with me because of it.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: 386lover , axe , snailexpress , Vin , Hammerhead , Squish099

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.