Red Stop Engine Light
03-18-2017, (Subject: Red Stop Engine Light ) 
RE: Red Stop Engine Light
(03-18-2017 )axe Wrote:  Does the filter have oil running out of it? Drill holes in filter, there is video on that also, or buy new maintenance free one. If it's oil soaked you most likely have excessive blow by. How much oil does it use? How many miles on engine? From my experience your have in frame in your future. Run a gallon of gear lube in oil to thicken it up a little and do the filter deal and go to work and save your money, your gonna need it. It seems you may be were all of us have been. Wore out motor caused by egr dpf systems not being maintained and engine full of soot. Another word of advice, if you mm it oil consumption and blow by will get worse. Good luck.

Well, I posted a pic of the filter in another reply. It definitely looks very dirty to me. Especially since it was just replaced in January. What exactly would the drilled hole do? Where would the oil go? In your opinion does the maintenance free filter work that much better? After I get to the bottom of what's going on I'd consider throwing one in there.

Since I got the truck in 2014 I try to change the oil every 10k miles. I bought it at 598k and now I have close to 720k. I use Rotella and add 1 bottle of Lucas to get that thickness. Now I'm being told by some guys that maybe I should be using synthetic oil. Mobil 1 seems to be what's recommended.

It would seem Like the overhaul is coming. I just hope it's not here now.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Red Stop Engine Light - Tmaj12k - 03-18-2017
RE: Red Stop Engine Light - Unilevers - 03-20-2017,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.