ISX cam timing
03-17-2017, (Subject: ISX cam timing ) 
ISX cam timing
Would anyone be able to help me out with the part number for the cam timing dial indicator set for the ISX.
replyreply
03-17-2017, (Subject: ISX cam timing ) 
RE: ISX cam timing
Quickserve->Service->ISX service manual->Engine assembly->Engine Base timing->follow the procedure. Part number 3163021 is the crank pin and cam timing wedge set.

If you are reffering to the injector cam dial indicator set, that is different. They are part numbers 3824942 & 2892426.
The correct procedure for using this method is: ISX manual->Injectors and fuel lines->Static timing->Procedure # 006-025.

edited to fix the part number missing digit.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , ntadiesel
03-18-2017, (Subject: ISX cam timing ) 
Thanks. I was referring to the static timing dial indicator set for the injector cam. The first part number you listed might be missing a digit it doesn't come up.
replyreply
03-18-2017, (Subject: ISX cam timing ) 
(03-18-2017 )ntadiesel Wrote:  Thanks. I was referring to the static timing dial indicator set for the injector cam. The first part number you listed might be missing a digit it doesn't come up.

My bad, yes it was missing a digit. It has been corrected.
They are listed in the procedure.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
03-19-2017, (Subject: ISX cam timing ) 
I already have that timing tool but it appears it only suits earlier PT fuel system engines and not the ISX.
replyreply
I think you need to read through the procedure. You only use a portion of the first tool, and the second tool attaches to it to complete the reading, it is all laid out in detail in the procedure.
That was why I gave the procedure number, and the steps to follow to find said procedure. It is a very detailed, somewhat complex measuring procedure and I didn't want to make a mistake and be responsible for someone else's engine failure.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
Simply using the wedges works for every engine I have ever seen done. Results were always very good.

just saying.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead
(03-19-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  Simply using the wedges works for every engine I have ever seen done. Results were always very good.

just saying.

That's what I do too now that I have my wedge set.
Insert the crank pin, snug clockwise, and drop in the wedges to verify.
Pretty simple procedure.

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.