Maxxforce Milk Money
03-20-2017, (Subject: Maxxforce Milk Money ) 
Maxxforce Milk Money
I'm putting my flame suit on, but has anyone developed a tune similar to milk money for the beloved Maxxforce 13? Buddy of mine has a 2013 that is being typically difficult, and thought I'd ask to see if someone had an soulution available..
replyreply
RE: Maxxforce Milk Money
Sorry to do this, buuuuttttttttt.... Best solution is get rid of the maxcrap/maxfarce and replace with the beloved red motor.. The maxfarce leads to bankruptcy or damn near with every O/O I've talked to that's had one.. Most (the ones that survived) have went as far as selling the truck or replacing the motor to get away from them.. One only need to look at used truck prices to see the problem.. I was looking this past week same year prostars one with maxfarce one with cummins (w/100k more miles) @ same dealer.. Cummins was $35k more.. Maxfarce will lead to extreme bleeding, possibly with a nice window in the block..
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
I hear what you are saying, my understanding having spoken with a fair number of people on them is the base motor is actually not a bad thing, it's the egr that kills them big time, over and over again, and the ones that have gone south of the boarder and de-mandated, seem to run pretty well... currently not an option for him to get out of it due to some poor decisions made at the time of purchase (outside of buying the damn thing in the first place!)
replyreply
There is "supposedly" a program out there from International that helps with the EGR system according to my buddy Mark the service writer. It does not solve all of the problems, but supposedly helps in some way with the internal heat issues. I was speaking to Mark about this a year or two ago... They are real pros at rebuilding these motors, as that is about all they do there. Normally have at least four or five of their ten bays reserved for in frames and or engine swaps, all MF. I'll give him a call and see what he says.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Liquidforce
(03-20-2017 )Liquidforce Wrote:  I'm putting my flame suit on, but has anyone developed a tune similar to milk money for the beloved Maxxforce 13? Buddy of mine has a 2013 that is being typically difficult, and thought I'd ask to see if someone had an soulution available..

Nope, no equivalent. Not even close
replyreply
(03-20-2017 )Squish099 Wrote:  Sorry to do this, buuuuttttttttt.... Best solution is get rid of the maxcrap/maxfarce and replace with the beloved red motor.. The maxfarce leads to bankruptcy or damn near with every O/O I've talked to that's had one.. Most (the ones that survived) have went as far as selling the truck or replacing the motor to get away from them.. One only need to look at used truck prices to see the problem.. I was looking this past week same year prostars one with maxfarce one with cummins (w/100k more miles) @ same dealer.. Cummins was $35k more.. Maxfarce will lead to extreme bleeding, possibly with a nice window in the block..
Swapping out a entire motor does not seem like the best solution. Seems like someone with too much money to burn.

Under all that crap, you've got a hybrid cat force twin turbo monster. Do you know how many people have told me that my SDP cat is junk and should be swapped out, it's the bankruptcy machine..... no, it's not. So was the 871! Do you know how many people the 871 and 2250 put under? This is the exact reason rawze felt it necessary to come out and do what he does, because under all the bullshit is a incredibly efficient engine. My sdp is a frickin beast and guys cannot believe it.

Don't think for one second that maxxforce isn't a good motor..... the problem is, can someone do a proper job on it...?

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Squish099 , Texasdude74
(03-20-2017 )Brock Wrote:  Don't think for one second that maxxforce isn't a good motor..... the problem is, can someone do a proper job on it...?

International can't even get it right. To the point that we hear reports after multiple failures they are replacing with red motors. You are correct though I believe that the motor itself is sound..
replyreply
(03-20-2017 )Squish099 Wrote:  
(03-20-2017 )Brock Wrote:  Don't think for one second that maxxforce isn't a good motor..... the problem is, can someone do a proper job on it...?

International can't even get it right. To the point that we hear reports after multiple failures they are replacing with red motors. You are correct though I believe that the motor itself is sound..

They can't get it right because Thier hands are tied with what they can actually do. They are mandated...

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
I think the 13 is on its own. The max15 is a hybrid. Both pos though. I don't know of any de-mandated personally. But from what I hear, they're still junk. The sdp is pretty good when done right, this is true, but it has a reliable foundation. The maxxforce does not
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.