CAL Files Question
03-24-2017, (Subject: CAL Files Question ) 
CAL Files Question
I'm in the process of getting set up with Insite... I was told 24-48 hours, but when I called today they told me they were backed up and I should expect it on Monday.

The biggest question I have is how do I gain access to the CAL files on Quickserve online (QSOL)?

I know where the files should be, but I don't see the option.
Am I going to have access to them once my account is set up with Insite or do I have to call them and shell out more money?
replyreply
03-24-2017, (Subject: CAL Files Question ) 
RE: CAL Files Question
I think you have to have a paid subscription to quickserv to be able to download those kind of files, not sure.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
03-25-2017, (Subject: CAL Files Question ) 
Are you sure your going into cal files. You can cause yourself grief downloading the wrong files for your application. This ain't no pickup truck rodeo. Maybe you know what your doing. But I would think you would have insight and not ask questions like how do I get to cal files. If I'm wrong tell me I'm a idiot, I got thick skin. But I'm just trying to save your pocket book if you don't.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress , Slavic S , Rawze
03-25-2017, (Subject: CAL Files Question ) 
If its the incal discs ur looking for they are publicly available on the cummins web site.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
03-26-2017, (Subject: CAL Files Question ) 
(03-25-2017 )smorgan87 Wrote:  If its the incal discs ur looking for they are publicly available on the cummins web site.

They are on the Cummins website, but you have to fork over around $800 US to get the "pro" subscription to use them....also, the new versions that just came out now have a feature in the file that uses encryption......any cal file newer than June 2016 will not work in the older Insite, and vice-versa.

User's Signature: You want how much?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: smorgan87
03-26-2017, (Subject: CAL Files Question ) 
Yeah, I did some digging and found that the version of Insite that Cummins throws out to everyone is actually called "Insite Lite".
But if you want to flash ecm's and whatever else the "Lite" version doesn't do, you have to pay extra for the "Insite Pro" version and when you do, you get a few extra links in Quickserve Online that allows you to download CAL files specific to the engine serial number that you're currently looking at.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , cscott84620

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.