White/Grey Smoke & Strong Fuel Smell
03-20-2017, (Subject: White/Grey Smoke & Strong Fuel Smell ) 
RE: White/Grey Smoke & Strong Fuel Smell
It's a Cummins ISX 871 sitting in a 2009 Peterbilt 387

I live in Mauston, WI (30minutes north of Wisconsin Dells if you know the area)

I am kinda hoping that it's an injector because I found a company that rebuilds them for $150 each and I was planning on sending the four "older" ones.

That does make sense, although would that fail from using the engine brake?
Like I said... I let the engine brake slow me down while I was hitting an offramp to a truck stop and that's when I noticed the white smoke.

As far as the after treatment system goes, I'm under the impression that sometime had it disabled or whatever because occasionally I'll try doing a forced regen, and nothing happens.. When I go through the mountains with a heavy load or accelerating hard and then stopping somewhat quick, no exhaust temp light like I'm used too from driving the last Freightliner Cascadia I was in.
I haven't actually looked into the canister yet, but everything points to the dpf not even being there. Plus, I have my own little scanner that reads/erases codes and gives me basic data streams... And it' always says that the soot level in the dpf is "low"

On average, does anyone know the dealer cost of a new dozer?
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: White/Grey Smoke & Strong Fuel Smell - jasonlepak - 03-20-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.