White/Grey Smoke & Strong Fuel Smell
03-20-2017, (Subject: White/Grey Smoke & Strong Fuel Smell ) 
RE: White/Grey Smoke & Strong Fuel Smell
(03-20-2017 )Nilao Wrote:  That is usually an indication of a cracked dpf filter. Also, check your downpipe as it's more than possible it has a hole in it which will give you that smell inside the truck. My friend pops his once a year till he fixed the mandate. The downpipe is the braided Stainless steel one after the turbo.

I did replace the downpipe already probably 3-4 months ago with new gaskets and clamps.

What I'm going to do tomorrow is start with the injector leak test. If I see no bubbles, I'll pull apart the dozer injector and check my entire exhaust for leaks.
One thing I did do with the exhaust on this truck is I removed the stack and right after the DPF can I just took the top of the stack and band clamped it to the end...
I pull a flatbed and most loads that require a smoke tarp I can get out of if my exhaust is under the truck... The exhaust tip though is about a foot from the front drive axle and is pretty much pointed at the ground... Even when I idle (which I don't do often because I have an APU) I still don't get any exhaust smell inside the cab.

I was planning on doing a complete overhead since I took these next two weeks off, though I was kinda expecting to be replacing fuel injectors.

In any case though, I'll let y'all know what I come up with even if I have to buy my own insite setup since I found an Inline 6 on ebay last night for a decent price... Or I'll find an Inline 5 somewhere.

Thanks for the advice.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: White/Grey Smoke & Strong Fuel Smell - jasonlepak - 03-20-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.