White/Grey Smoke & Strong Fuel Smell
03-21-2017, (Subject: White/Grey Smoke & Strong Fuel Smell ) 
RE: White/Grey Smoke & Strong Fuel Smell
(03-21-2017 )Brock Wrote:  My suggestion..... get a damn computer hooked up to it now! How are you gonna find the problem if you don't even know if the mandates intact? Insite will tell you if the doser is firing, it'll give you pretty much everything you need to know about this issue.

Calm down Brock
Take a few deep breaths.

I know I'm here asking for help... But let me tell you about me.
Before I sat in a truck for a living, I was an ASE mechanic for about 12 years.
I know that OE scanners are better than aftermarkets.
I on the other hand like to get my hands dirty by actually looking at everything and doing manual tests before I let a computer tell me what's wrong...
This is how I learn not only how things work, but what it takes to disassemble, inspect and reassemble everything.

As well, I can also afford to let my truck sit and maybe even throw an in-frame at it.
Not that I'm the type to brag, but I've only been driving a year and a half and already made my last payment two weeks ago on a 2009 peterbilt.
While I don't want to get stuck on the side of the road 1,000 miles from home, this isn't exactly a lifestyle to me... It's just something I stuck my foot in to see what it's like.

My only problem is all of my mechanical experience is on cars, light trucks and motorcycles.
All of this DPF crap is new to me and while I can definitely do without it, I do want to learn the hard way on some things because occasionally I learn better that way.

Ps. If it makes you feel better, I just ordered an Inline 6 and am currently installing Insite on my diag laptop. ;)
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: White/Grey Smoke & Strong Fuel Smell - jasonlepak - 03-21-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.