White/Grey Smoke & Strong Fuel Smell
03-21-2017, (Subject: White/Grey Smoke & Strong Fuel Smell ) 
RE: White/Grey Smoke & Strong Fuel Smell
So this morning I pulled the doser injector pipe off the turbo and inspected it with a flashlight and all and even took a couple pictures which I can post if anyone is interested.
Everything looked dry and even... I can still see the injector nozzle and while I can't see any nozzle holes, it's possible that the regen just hasn't run for more than a day or whatever.
It does look original however with the original heatshield around it.

Now, since I won't have my Inline adaptor until probably Friday, I decided that I would use my new $250 injector leak test tool.

I started on the rear bank and cranked it over for about 20 seconds and got no air bubbles at all... There was even a little water sitting inside of the tube and that water line never moved.

Then I went to the front bank for cylinders 1,2 and 3...
While cranking it for 20 seconds I do get air.... However, when I stop cranking the bubbles will continue to flow for a few minutes.

When I bar the engine over by hand, I don't get any bubbles from any cylinders.
I must have rotated the engine at least 20-30 rotations and not once did the water line in the tube move nor did I get any bubbles. So now I'm at a loss here because why would I get bubbles while cranking with the starter, but not see anything while doing it by hand and kinda holding the bar once I feel there's a lot of pressure from the compression stroke of each cylinder?

Also this morning I did check oil and there's no sign of anything contaminating it... I have about 15,000 miles on the oil right now and was planning on changing it once I finished my front suspension and figuring out why I'm getting smoke out of the exhaust.

The coolant is still the same color as it was when I refilled the system after replacing the radiator a couple months ago. There's no oil or fuel floating in the top of the reservoir either, and there's no smell of fuel in the coolant reservoir.

I did find a leak in the exhaust.... After the down pipe there's an elbow and then there's supposed to be a flange with a clamp around it.
The person that owned it before me for some reason cut that clamp and flange out and put in a piece of flex pipe.
I replaced it last summer because the old flex broke, and now the band clamp that I installed with the new flex pipe is leaking, so I'll be tightening that after I remove it to get a visual of what my DPF can looks like on the inside.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: White/Grey Smoke & Strong Fuel Smell - jasonlepak - 03-21-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.