White/Grey Smoke & Strong Fuel Smell
03-21-2017, (Subject: White/Grey Smoke & Strong Fuel Smell ) 
RE: White/Grey Smoke & Strong Fuel Smell
(03-21-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  With 1.1 mil miles on it, the head is done. Rarely do those CM871's last a million WITH the egr intact. you have been lucky, so start saving your money. I see an inframe in your near future.

Any oil leaks that run down the block behind the air compressor in the front on the drivers side up where the injector cam is behind the gear cover? - An indication that the injector cam bearings are down into the copper and getting thin.

Well, it looks like you called it... There is oil leaking down the engine between the timing housing and the block, as well along the front half of the head gasket.

Now, being it has over a million miles on it and I have absolutely no service history from the previous owner (originally it was a PRIME truck) would you recommend buying a reman head or just replacing the bearings and all other "wear" parts?

Also, should I take care of the rest of the injectors as well since the dealer already replaced the ones in cylinders 1 & 2?
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: White/Grey Smoke & Strong Fuel Smell - jasonlepak - 03-21-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.