White/Grey Smoke & Strong Fuel Smell
03-22-2017, (Subject: White/Grey Smoke & Strong Fuel Smell ) 
RE: White/Grey Smoke & Strong Fuel Smell
Well, this is what I "think" I'm going to do...

Once I get the Inline adaptor and get the cummins insite program up and running on my truck, if I can figure out where the smoke is coming from and stop it without having to do any major work then I'll run it until I absolutely have to stop and do an inframe.

But, if it comes down to it needing a new head or whatever right now I'll just park it in my yard and take my time pulling the whole engine apart and replacing everything that looks original that should have been replaced a long time ago.

Like I said earlier... I have over a decade of experience working on regular cars and trucks, but this could be an opportunity for me to do a complete tear down and figure out every square inch of this truck and engine.

Since I found a leak in the exhaust, I'm guessing it is kinda hard to say if it was in fact unburnt fuel that is actually making it smoke... Especially since it doesn't necessarily take a whole lot of oil or coolant to make it smoke.

So I'll start with the doser injector and work my way from there... If I end up having to pull the exhaust manifold off after not finding the problem anywhere else, then I might just call it what it is and move the truck to a spot where it can sit for a month or two while I start pulling it apart.

Thanks
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: White/Grey Smoke & Strong Fuel Smell - jasonlepak - 03-22-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.