White/Grey Smoke & Strong Fuel Smell
03-22-2017, (Subject: White/Grey Smoke & Strong Fuel Smell ) 
RE: White/Grey Smoke & Strong Fuel Smell
(03-22-2017 )in2trux Wrote:  The exhaust leak will keep it from doing a full regen by not pushing doser fuel far enough into DOC/DPF and not getting hot enough to fully burn. I see lots of trucks puff white/gray smoke running down the road trying to regen. Doser might be ok and just pissing fuel down pipe.
Insite will show when it opens and closes, fuel psi, DOC/DPF inlet,outlet temps.
Any CEL or warning triangles?

No engine lights or any other warning lights on the dash...
Occasionally when I have my engine washed at the truck wash, I'll get a code for crankcase pressure or something like that, but after the engine dries and warms up again it goes away...
I found this to likely be a bad wire at the plug because I found it broken but spliced it back together and just haven't bought a new pigtail/plug yet because I keep forgetting... So I'll likely take care of that when I do the inframe.

I already have it in my head that I'm doing the inframe sooner than later and have already been looking at suppliers that offer cylinder heads and rebuild kits.
I just want to fully diagnose the problem I'm having now so I know what failed and how to fix it, even if it does get taken care of by rebuilding the engine... I just want to know the cause right now before I do anything else.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: White/Grey Smoke & Strong Fuel Smell - jasonlepak - 03-22-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.