engine fan
03-21-2017, (Subject: engine fan ) 
engine fan
I left on my run last night and noticed the engine fan was staying on.There was no indicator light on in dash.when i tried to turn it on with the switch the light would come on then off when i turned it off but the fan stayed on.After about 25 miles it shutt off all by itself and the manual on/off switch worked fine the rest of the night.fan clutch is only 6 moths old.any thoughts?It is 871 ISX.THANKS

User's Signature: when things are not going good ,I just want to go sit in a mud puddle and blow bubbles
replyreply
RE: engine fan
Fan control solenoid, default is on. Could be a bad connection but that is often the first sign of solenoid going bad. Check for air leaks at the fittings, dash toggle could also be bad.

Just because fan clutch is only 6 months old doesn't mean it can't fail, especially with the quality of parts these days.

User's Signature: 2010 386 Pete CM871, 13 spd. 3.55
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock , flonly , fargonaz
(03-21-2017 )in2trux Wrote:  Fan control solenoid, default is on. Could be a bad connection but that is often the first sign of solenoid going bad. Check for air leaks at the fittings, dash toggle could also be bad.

Just because fan clutch is only 6 months old doesn't mean it can't fail, especially with the quality of parts these days.

Heck the last clutch master reman I bought blew up after 3 weeks. The warranty ones been good for 8 months now.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: in2trux
Could be in your AC system too... Were you running the defrost or AC?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: flonly
Any time mine sits for a few days, especially if it has been rainy, the clutch will rust shut. It sticks for a while if i don't turn the keyswitch on in the dash then take a hammer and smack it a time or 2 to break it free.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Nilao , in2trux , flonly
Mine is the same way as Rawze's. With the wild temperature swings and high humidity mine will rust up from condensation and require a couple hits to free up.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: flonly
I'll count myself lucky, 3 years still going strong.

User's Signature: 2010 386 Pete CM871, 13 spd. 3.55
replyreply
 Thanks given by: flonly , Waterloo
03-24-2017, (Subject: engine fan ) 
thanks for the responses it was the fan clutch leaking air from inside and air compresser would not build enough air to disenguage so it ran from gulfport ms to lakeland ,fl till i got it to kenworth.they did a great job but they should have for there 130/ hr.you would think they were brain surgeons

User's Signature: when things are not going good ,I just want to go sit in a mud puddle and blow bubbles
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.