Insite question
03-23-2017, (Subject: Insite question ) 
Insite question
Does Cummins Insite 7.6.2.240 SP5 or the calterm 3 ever expire? A guy is trying to sell me a laptop loaded with cummins,Detroit, cat etc and says the software licenses won't expire., like is there anything that will block access to after so long?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: morrison8
RE: Insite question
Yes. annually i believe.
replyreply
More than likely, if it honestly never expires like he says then it's a hacked/illegal software... You'll never be able to update it, because if you do it'll make you pay the subscription fees.
I've seen these programs before and even used some of them... It's really not worth it.
replyreply
it could be hacked in one way or another so it doesnt expire but like jason said you can never update it or use the newest cal files from cummins. the newest version is 8.x.x and is require in order to use the newest calibration files from cummins.com. basic license from cummins is about 400$ and i believe they make you take a 400$ class on top of that. any other license is only available to authorized shops and dealers.
replyreply
(03-23-2017 )race7820000 Wrote:  Does Cummins Insite 7.6.2.240 SP5 or the C@ltr!m 3 ever expire? A guy is trying to sell me a laptop loaded with cummins,Detroit, cat etc and says the software licenses won't expire., like is there anything that will block access to after so long?

Calterm is not sold or availiable to any users or even the certified dealerships. Just having it is considered illegal.
replyreply
03-24-2017, (Subject: Insite question ) 
Guy from chicago was offering almost everything a diesel mechanic would use on a laptop for $1200, cat,cummins,detroit,etc etc.

He said I could test it before I buy.

I told him last night I wasent intrested anymore because he was aweful shady sounding on the phone lol
replyreply
03-24-2017, (Subject: Insite question ) 
(03-23-2017 )smorgan87 Wrote:  it could be hacked in one way or another so it doesnt expire but like jason said you can never update it or use the newest cal files from cummins. the newest version is 8.x.x and is require in order to use the newest calibration files from cummins.com. basic license from cummins is about 400$ and i believe they make you take a 400$ class on top of that. any other license is only available to authorized shops and dealers.

I'm still waiting for my application to be processed for Insite.
Emailed it in on Wednesday... Now it's Friday... they said they're behind but should expect it on Monday.
The cost for me was $550 for Insite. Found a Inline 6 data cable on Ebay for $345
replyreply
03-25-2017, (Subject: Insite question ) 
(03-24-2017 )jasonlepak Wrote:  
(03-23-2017 )smorgan87 Wrote:  it could be hacked in one way or another so it doesnt expire but like jason said you can never update it or use the newest cal files from cummins. the newest version is 8.x.x and is require in order to use the newest calibration files from cummins.com. basic license from cummins is about 400$ and i believe they make you take a 400$ class on top of that. any other license is only available to authorized shops and dealers.

Emailed it in on Wednesday... Now it's Friday... they said they're behind but should expect it on Monday.
The cost for me was $550 for Insite. Found a Inline 6 data cable on Ebay for $345

Hope it wasnt chinese
replyreply
03-25-2017, (Subject: Insite question ) 
(03-25-2017 )smorgan87 Wrote:  
(03-24-2017 )jasonlepak Wrote:  

Hope it wasnt chinese

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.