specking a new truck
03-26-2017, (Subject: specking a new truck ) 
RE: specking a new truck
Arch - Here is something that may help you dial in your tire pressures. It is shown using a Jeep with off road tires but I don't see why you couldn't use the same procedure to get your oversize steer tires dialed in.

User's Signature: Too young to quit........Too old to change.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock , Rawze , Old Driver
(03-26-2017 )kryten Wrote:  Arch - Here is something that may help you dial in your tire pressures. It is shown using a Jeep with off road tires but I don't see why you couldn't use the same procedure to get your oversize steer tires dialed in.

I had a old guy tell me this once. He puts paint on his tires then goes to work for the day, if the paint in the centre is only gone then he's got too much air, if the outsides rub off but the centre is still showing paint then he's under inflated.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
I am going to give this chalking the tires a try but the paint may work better on a truck
replyreply
Chalk or paint which ever method you use, like the guy in the video says apply your marking then drive in a straight line then check. If you turn while testing the scrubbing could affect your results.

For you 50/50 guys (loaded one way, empty one way) you'll have to decide which state is going to work best for you for your testing. I think I'd lean more to testing with a load on.

User's Signature: Too young to quit........Too old to change.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.