specking a new truck
03-26-2017, (Subject: specking a new truck ) 
specking a new truck
I have been running a dump truck business for 28 years in San Diego we haul dirt mostly and some demo. Used trucks have been how most small and even some large companies get replacement trucks, but with the new calif smog rules we have no choice but to buy newer equipment but, what I have learned hear and the horror stories from other buyers of trucks that should have been dependable, the new motors require more knowledge and maintenance to keep running.
This is what brings me to the decision to speck a new truck i have bought 1 new truck and was very disappointed in the support from the dealership, the truck itself is dependable and has worked well I did make a few mistakes when specking it and with a little help I want to get the next ones right.
I do have a good idea of what I need in a truck but one of the most important things is what not to speck and to that end I want your opinion of what to avoid.

I am looking at buying a Kenworth T880 at this time with an X15 485 hp 1600 torque with 18 speed auto shift 46,000 lb rears with 3.70 ratio on Neway ADZ46 suspension the front Axel is a 20K unit with 16K springs with a single 16K steering gear and 315/80/22.5 tires the rear tires are 11/22.5 16 ply well thats the basics.

I should tell you a little about the cost of my business fuel cost is 13 % of revenue tires are 2.6 % we only average about 200 miles a day Drive tires are heavy lug with a tread depth of 31/32 and they last about 40K miles I have tried regular tires and they only last about 25K the tires I run cap up to 3 times and we almost never have a blow out since switching to this style of casing so any body else into this kind of trucking
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
specking a new truck - arch_stanton - 03-26-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.