specking a new truck
03-26-2017, (Subject: specking a new truck ) 
RE: specking a new truck
Hammerhead for the motor I really don't have much of a choice but to roll the dice and hope that Cummins has in fact improved the X15,we only run about 45k miles a year so by the time issues show up Rawze should know a fix for it.
On a good day we run 4 loads going down the freeway a normal day we run 6 loads or so on city streets with a little freeway on a shitty day we run 12 loads around a neighborhood and then we get the ass kicker days 50 plus loads on a job site all day,luckily we don't get many 50 load days so regen's are going to have to be managed and maybe done at the shop by the mechanic I'm hoping the wireless connected diagnostics will help me track when regen's are due.i don't know if I should even try to gear for passive regen's given how we run the trucks but I'm going to ask some other guys in my type of operation how they deal with it.

I don't really need the 46K rear ends but we break the DS405 ring and pinion, axels, through shafts way to much and the one truck I bought out of Canada with 46k drives has never broken anything in 15 years I was looking at going with the 44K axels but it looks like they are just 40's with a heavy wall housing and a snubber bolt on the ring gear anybody know more about the 44k axels.
Inland Kenworth in El Cajon is the best dealership in San Diego they have only been there about 5 years, you may have noticed all the peterbilt's in there for service, Peterbilt is the most popular truck in this area and it's all I have, but Rush Truck just pain sucks to deal with I have heard other Rush truck centers are better than ours.
I hope Adam or John called all the local parts houses to help you but because of inventory tax in California nobody can afford to have parts in stock that don't move regularly there are at least 2 rebuilders in San Diego area that should have had parts but they may have after market parts and LA has everything I have had to drive up there to get parts the same day.
The 16K front springs and steering box is an upgrade to the 14.6k that we have been running for years with no problem with the addition of the drop Axel we will see about 16K max on the front end legally and only get to 18K if the rear Axel gets to 50K or 8K over weight.
I am hoping that running the 315's will allow me to reduce the tire pressure down to 85 psi to improve the ride, we currently run 120 psi on the 11/22.5's
I do know a few guys running the 385,s but it seems to really hurt the Turning radius.

what are your thoughts on disk vs drum breaks ?
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: specking a new truck - arch_stanton - 03-26-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.