Removing fuel tanks 2008 ProStar
03-27-2017, (Subject: Removing fuel tanks 2008 ProStar ) 
Removing fuel tanks 2008 ProStar
I'm getting ready to do some rust removal on my frame rails and apply some fresh paint. My fuel tank straps are about shot, heavy rust and will more than likely replace them if they are past saving. Also, my fuel sending units are acting up, so I will replace those too. My question, the fuel line connections at the top of the tanks, do I need one of those AC/Fuel Line removal tools to do this without damaging anything? If so, anyone have a link to the tool, or will one of the universal kits found on Amazon work? https://amzn.to/2DMhs5X
Also, anything else I need to know? Or replace while I have the tanks off?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz
RE: Removing fuel tanks 2008 ProStar
I caught mine just in time while replacing my clutch recently. Here is what my fuel tank straps looked like at the very bottom near the joints. All of them were like this, right at the very bottom only. The rest of the strap on each looked deceivingly good and were not rusty.

./uploads/201703/post_2_1490618767_a16d51a743ff126e5a114d41ae8d731b.jpg

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , fargonaz , barf
RE: Removing fuel tanks 2008 ProStar
Same here, I've replaced all my straps because I had 2 snap on me.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , fargonaz , barf

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.