older truck vs newer truck
03-28-2017, (Subject: older truck vs newer truck ) 
RE: older truck vs newer truck
Cats are real expensive.... real expensive. If your going to get a cat, find one that had a platinum kit and has warranty. I'd find one with 3:36 gears on low rubber. A cat running low rpm can be great on fuel just make sure to drop a half gear when hitting a hill. Low torque low rpm is fine, high torque low rpm bad..... even for the kitty.

If you want a pete with a cat then that's what you'll buy. If I were buying my first truck, I'd get a prostar/cascadia/386 with a cm871 in it. You can get those trucks cheap AF and this forum has opened a world of understanding and help. Go over to TTR and ask a question and you'll get 5 smart ass answers and one half truth but here, you'll get 5 guys who went through the exact same thing, 5 guys who know these engines better then the engineers who designed them and you'll probably run into 1 near you willing to help.

I've got the turned up cat in a pete and yes I feel really cool driving it and no, n one can take it away from me but my prostar which cost alot less makes me more money and has had way way less problems.

I was about to go out and buy a brand new truck but instead, because of the wealth of knowledge and confidence rawze and this forum has given me... I'm going to buy 2 or 3 used prostar or cascadia with 871s and it'll still be cheaper.

Needless to say, I owe rawze a little more than a case of Pilsner and a Roughriders jersey.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress , Hammerhead , Waterloo , DLC , Doublecoin

Messages In This Thread
RE: older truck vs newer truck - Brock - 03-28-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.