older truck vs newer truck
03-30-2017, (Subject: older truck vs newer truck ) 
RE: older truck vs newer truck
At the end of the day a square hood with air cleaners and exahaust hanging out everywhere looks cool especially if someone else is washing it and putting fuel in it. Who wants to be tired and broke at the same time. Cool factor will only carry you so far. I've owned Peterbuilt 378, Western Star, International Cabover,2 Frieghiner century's, and now a Volvo. The truck that made me the most money was the international cab over. Mostly sercumstantal. You'll get over that 20000 dollar premium for a 379. Volvo for 20 grand less, way more quiet and comfortable, and roomy than any over rated Pete I ever drove. If I was building a beater of a truck for mountain work I might go square hood, metal hood, but the external air cleaners from my experience have dusted more engines, mostly from faulty filter, and having two, you can run a rediculous time before changing. By the time you realize something is wrong it's to late. Those chrome riddled trucks invite you into a sickness that all you want to do is polish your chome, drive faster, buy more fuel, and look cooler. Nothing good for your pocket book. It will keep you motivated to drive more which brings you to the,"If I work harder than the next guy than surely I'm making money mentality". "If I'm tired I must be making money". "I got a cool truck I must be successful". Burning more fuel is a big deal. And the cool factor is like devorceing your wife that you have a family with and a life with, for some young pretty fun girl that spends all your money on clothes and boobs,so you can haul her dumb ass around and think your cool because you have her. All the while the successful people of the world know your a dumb ass.

Sorry square hood guys. Just thought I would give this guy another perspective. I've been on both sides of this deal. Luckily I got over being cool before I got a new wife and family.
Keep your head and be successfull.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , axe , Sergiu , zero4

Messages In This Thread
RE: older truck vs newer truck - Magard - 03-30-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.