older truck vs newer truck
04-01-2017, (Subject: older truck vs newer truck ) 
RE: older truck vs newer truck
I don't understand why some on this forum think that just because a person is looking to buy a Pete it's all about Egos.
Most times Internationals and freightliners don't get taken care of as well as Petes and KWs. The lease company's run the sh** out of them don't do any timely service. Only when it breaks do they fix it. (all about the dollars) Been there done that. More then a million miles in many on lease company trucks.
My choice is not to stroke my Ego but to go with reliability. You get what you pay for.
Most people that could buy a Pete or KW are not new drivers and not just wheel holders so they respect their ride. If you look at most 2003 Pete or KW they are in better shape then International or Freightliner of the same year.
I could spend 60K and run for 5 years with minimal problems (pre Emission ) and I can wrench on most things. Or miss load opportunity's because I'm sitting in a shop waiting for some emission related problem to be figured out.
Oh, "My business plan" really? Buy truck, load truck, run truck, empty truck, reload truck. and pay taxes.
It's like asking Harley guys about Yamahas
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Emeryville64

Messages In This Thread
RE: older truck vs newer truck - JEastonjr - 04-01-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.