older truck vs newer truck
04-01-2017, (Subject: older truck vs newer truck ) 
RE: older truck vs newer truck
It's a real tough call, you spend 2/3 of your time driving this truck and living in it. For those that prefer a long nose pete, enjoying what they drive may be worth the 2/10ths. Thats why the saying "money isn't everything" exists.

I own a 389 and get just as good of mileage as my prostar but that's not a fair comparison as my petes powrrtrains is ALL brand new and my prostar is 1.2 million miles and has a wore out rattling down the road gear clunking autoshift. A coworker with a prostar and new rebuild and manual is saving $50 a day compared to my pete and he drives like a madman!

For the single owner op, I get if they want a long nose. The only reason I bought this truck is because I had a great driver who was with me for years and he loved petes, so I rewarded him with one.... a year later he bought his own truck and I'm stuck with it.

I love driving this pete, and yes Chrome is my addiction. The prostar had so many little issues ALL the time, the pete doesn't have any of them. I've got way way way more into my pete though money wise, it cost more and rebuilding the power train cost me more then the truck

Here's my point. My pete is my ego truck, I feel cool driving it and I am so happy I have it. It's my personal truck and you couldn't pry it from me. Would I buy another...... NEVER! why? Because I'm not a single owner operator, I've owned 7 trucks since 2010, recently sold the one company and now only have the 2 trucks. I am about to buy a 3rd and possibly 4th next month and I can tell you, flat noses are not even on my radar. I'm a business and aero trucks make business sense.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: axe , Waterloo , Texasdude74

Messages In This Thread
RE: older truck vs newer truck - Brock - 04-01-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.