EGR Issues
03-08-2016, (Subject: EGR Issues ) 
EGR Issues
I've recently bought a 2010 KW T660 with a 2007 ISX 485 Cummins. I've not had a DPF motor before so this is new to me. I use to have a 2005. So it appears that when it is doing a passive regen going down the road. It seems to smoke more under power. It's a blue smoke and once it's done it stop smoking. It this normal or what is the possible problem. Is there any way to know that is doing a passive going down the road. Another thing is when sitting at a idle the check engine light comes on for a couple of minutes then goes off. Checking diagnostic it says Turbo Actuator. That is at idle does not act up going down the road. Thanks
replyreply
RE: EGR Issues
You better check out that turbo may leave you stranded one day.
replyreply
Do all the EGR tune-up work to it first, then go from there.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
03-09-2016, (Subject: EGR Issues ) 
(03-08-2016 )Dieseldaddy59 Wrote:  Is there any way to know that is doing a passive going down the road.

Only way I can tell that my truck is in a passive regen is by the way the engine sounds going down the road. It's kind of hard to explain. Of course when I slow down, say like taking an off ramp, once I come to a stop, or my rpms get down to about 1,000 give or take, then it's obvious that it is in a regen.

User's Signature: 2012 Cascadia ISX15 CM2250
replyreply
03-09-2016, (Subject: EGR Issues ) 
the passive is when the engine makes enough heat to clean out dpf without use of doser. You have two active regens one is parked and the other is while driving. It would be nice to see how offen it is doing actives while driving.
replyreply
03-10-2016, (Subject: EGR Issues ) 
I think every single truck with a regen system should have had a required light to tell the driver when it was dumping fuel into the exhaust piping.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
03-15-2016, (Subject: EGR Issues ) 
(03-08-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  Do all the EGR tune-up work to it first, then go from there.
Rawze. I got this truck from a KW dealer. They put a new EGR pump on it. also cleaned all the DPF and the sensor, doser valve and lines. I have record of all the work they did on it before I got it. Just don't have it in the truck right now to list it all. They also had to replace the rear engine seal where they had to take the back engine block apart.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.