Face Plugged DOC
03-31-2017, (Subject: Face Plugged DOC ) 
RE: Face Plugged DOC
My 2250 parked regeneration takes 45 - 50minut with engine hot after driving. I assume if engine was cold it's going to be around 1 hour.
replyreply
(03-31-2017 )snailexpress Wrote:  My 2250 parked regeneration takes 45 - 50 minutes with engine hot after driving. I assume if engine was cold it's going to be around 1 hour.

Interesting. That's probably the difference. After a drive, not only is the engine up to temp, but so is the exhaust components. It probably starts the regen process immediately.

Any time I have done a regen, the engine is warm, but the exhaust is cold. Err well, colder than driving temps. It takes a couple more minutes to heat up the DPF up to 1000+ degrees and even longer for the SCR to i think 800.

User's Signature: 2013 Volvo 670 with Big Red under the hood
replyreply
No more regens, no more CEL lights. Free a last!

User's Signature: 2010 386 Pete CM871, 13 spd. 3.55
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Squish099
Rawze I do plan on doing the egr tune to clean everything out. I know cummins in Rock Isand checked upstream of the emissions & said everything was good. They claim the interior metal of the doc was breaking down & thus the cause of the problem. I did check the doc that they pulled off my truck & I didn't see any light shining through when I put my led flashlight on either end. Maybe it wasn't bright enough for trying to test it that way. (300 lumens).

I did get another check engine light (the infamous see owners manual) about 500 miles after leaving the shop. It has since went out. I was in a deluge going through the Ohio Valley Region when the light came on. It went out after I got to a little bit dryer environment in Virginia.

Not sure what the hell that was but the truck was running fine & all gauges were good.
replyreply
(03-31-2017 )in2trux Wrote:  No more regens, no more CEL lights. Free a last!

In2trux I can only imagine the peace of mind you must have now.
replyreply
04-01-2017, (Subject: Face Plugged DOC ) 
Had the same issues after work done on my truck at a big dealer shop in Fontana CA. Called Cummins support line and spoke with them for hours over about 10 days on the issue and recently completed work.

During my time in the shop, new calibrations were flashed to the truck. Seems there was an issues with one of the calibration files related to aftertreatment managment. Cummins and the shop are pointing the finger at eachother. Can't tell if Cummins released a mistake or if the shop applied the wrong calibration for my ESN.

Whatever the case, when I log into QuickServe, there is a nice yellow TSB alert for my engine! It says "Please Advise: This ESN may have a Calibration to SCR conflict. Refer to TSB130099" the link to the TSB article asks for the SCR or DPF part number or SN and engine software base revision to verify the issue exists. Also the have picts of the DPF cans to identify if ther are ribbed or smooth on the outside. Mine are and so its needing adjustment.

Called my buddy who bought the sister truck of mine, got the ESN from his truck and had him check QuickServe and no TSB alert for him.

Scheduled to see Mr. Haggai on the 13th. No more big named dealers.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz
04-01-2017, (Subject: Face Plugged DOC ) 
BTW when I got the truck out of the shop in CA It threw 14 errors on the way home. With the help on this site and what was learned with carefully worded questions to Cummins support, I did the EGR tune up, replaced key sensors and went from 14 codes to 3 in my own driveway. Basically clean up of minion mistakes. The remainder issues are a ghost code most likely related to a electrical issue (code shouldnt apply to my ESN), an ongoing intermittent intake throttle actuator (original unit needs to be replaced as its noisy during zeroing and sometimes flutters) and the TSB calibration adjustment. Fuel milage is down, new sensors put in today, so will see. Also the last shop did an overhead adjustments and may have set wrong.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz
07-23-2017, (Subject: Face Plugged DOC ) 
Doser injectors on cm2250 are known for to go bad. There is a service bulletin on that issue. The metal ball kinda looking thing on the end of the injector gets lost and cause those kind of codes. Also make sure you are getting fuel to the doser. Doser fuel shut off valves goes bad very easily too.
replyreply
08-06-2017, (Subject: Face Plugged DOC ) 
Don't believe what Cummins tells you. Do the EGR tune up and see for yourself. Check out the imap and Delta P, and your doser injector and shut off valve as well, to start. You might be amazed at what you find.

I also agree on getting a copy of insite and an inline cable. I did and it has been a lifesaver. It's a must, especially if running mandated!

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.