CM 2250 EGR Valve question, please help...
03-31-2017, (Subject: CM 2250 EGR Valve question, please help... ) 
RE: CM 2250 EGR Valve question, please help...
Waterloo, yes it seemed strange to me too. I first suspected the hose as well, that was what prompted me to pull the valve in the first place. . I figured I would pull the valve then reseat the hose with a new clamp. When I got the valve off I saw the soot leaking from both weep holes, (which I just read today, QuickServe actually says is normal?) Anyway cleaned and inspected everything in that area. Put it all back together with a new band clamp on the, hose to EGR connection. When I still heard the whistle I started feeling around the area while the engine was at high idle and I can actually feel the air coming from the weep holes when I hear the whistling. So QuickServe says the soot weeping is normal, not to replace the valve just for that, but they say nothing about the noise, and I know for a fact mine did neither of those things until about 10K ago. I have had the valve off three times in 588K to clean it as an extra step during my EGR tune ups, and it never had soot weeping from the holes before. Oh the I replaced the hose and both clamps 130,000 miles ago. Hose still looks good and pliable, no nicks.
Rawze: that's what I was afraid of. I will watch it on this run and then probably head back home to replace it.

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: CM 2250 EGR Valve question, please help... - JMBT - 03-31-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.