How to best clean the ISX?
05-04-2017, (Subject: How to best clean the ISX? ) 
How to best clean the ISX?
First off I would like to thank Rawze for all the great help he has provided me in getting to know the ISX, the good bad and ugly. If it wasn't for Rawze I probably wouldn't have bought a truck with the color red underneath the hood. THANKS
AGAIN. Ok So my question was how to best clean the the 871?? Powerwash or engine Degreaser?

A wealth of information on this forum, thanks to all for the posts and help.

User's Signature: VOLVO VNL 780 Cummins 450HP CM871 W/13 Spd
replyreply
05-05-2017, (Subject: How to best clean the ISX? ) 
RE: How to best clean the ISX?
I never powerwash my engine. I spray it down with degreaser like 409 and rinse it off only.

Power wash only serves to make electrical connections go nuts.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Old Driver , barf , Makmak
Like Rawze stated, 409 or simple green with a spray bottle and a garden hose. I like to use the power washer, not running, but use the wand to rinse with normal water pressure from the spigot.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Makmak
I will give that a try thanks!

User's Signature: VOLVO VNL 780 Cummins 450HP CM871 W/13 Spd
replyreply
05-08-2017, (Subject: How to best clean the ISX? ) 
Spray 9 melts grease and oil instantly. I use a pressure washer, no closer than 2 feet.
Never let a truck wash do the engine, asking for problems.

User's Signature: 2010 386 Pete CM871, 13 spd. 3.55
replyreply
05-09-2017, (Subject: How to best clean the ISX? ) 
I agree with the guys above. Never powerwash mine, simple green and garden hose, then dry off everything I can get to with a micro fiber. If something is really greasey I use a rag and WD40 first, then hit it with simple green to get rid of the WD residue, waterhose and dry.

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.