Bypass Oil Filter
04-12-2017, (Subject: Bypass Oil Filter ) 
RE: Bypass Oil Filter
(04-12-2017 )t700 Wrote:  I do not want to extend oil change intervals.
Did not know if the bypass filter may remove more solids and may not show
engine wear problems when doing an oil analysis.

Not sure how this works.
What are your thoughts on this?

Thanks
T700

My presumption is that they do not really lower micro wear metal content in an analysis, but you never know.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: t700 , Toolguy
04-13-2017, (Subject: Bypass Oil Filter ) 
(04-12-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  
(04-11-2017 )05ISX450 Wrote:  I never said I do extended oil drains. I do not ! I will say that there is a lot more filter material than with the Amsoil set up. Filters are less expensive too, 1 because it doesn't say Amsoil on it and 2 because you just buy the filter, with no metal spin on housing. Just my 2 cents worth.

Calm down chief. I write things to reflect LOTS of people who may be reading, not just you.

By the way, I am not partial to Amsoil, I dislike their over-priced so called super-duper oil actually. If you found a system that costs less and is just as effective then that is great!. The Amsoil last I checked was about $400 or so by the time you got it installed and about $36 for the filter elements that last 80k miles or more typically. Thats pretty cheap if you ask me.

Let us all know what you paid for the system by the time you got it up and running, what the elements cost, and how long they are lasting. That way people can make a choice.

Just about ALL the brands of bypass oil systems do a fair good job of removing soot from these emissions motors from what I have seen. I just don't agree with extended oil changes and sampling vs. regular oil changes.

I could give a rats arsse what brand someone gets or uses if it works fairly well. When someone asks me, I simply refer them to the less expensive brands that work well and don't cost $1,000+ just to get up and running. Some are ridiculously expensive and make unnecessary claims, and are nothing but money traps with very expensive filters, yet do no better than a cheaper brand.

It's all good Rawze! Going on a long awaited vacation! Will post pictures, and info when I get back.
replyreply
04-21-2023, (Subject: Bypass Oil Filter ) 
(04-01-2017 )Brock Wrote:  http://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-product/fi...e=BMK30-EA

This seems to be the favorite around here, it's cost effective and has just as good of a micron rating as the ecopur or spinner. Oil Pressure isn't high enough on the isx to use a spinner.

I am looking at this one right now......

http://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-product/fi...e=BMK22-EA

I don't know if it's new maybe because when I bought my first one, this one wasn't available.

BMK22-EA is the Dual Guard system.
It takes 2 filters, EABP90, EABP100, EABP110.
2 - 90's for oil capacity's 15 Qts. to 36 Qts.
2 -100's for oil capacity's 15 Qts. to 48 Qts.
2 - 110's for oil capacity's 15 Qts. to 60 Qts.

The Dual Guard has been around for a long time. The BMK30 is the way to go with the EABP 120 filter. You will spend up to $90.00 for 2 filters, The Dual Guard is something like $300.00 to $400.00 plus filters. The 120 is around $45.00 to $60.00 plus. Amsoil just changed the $ amount.
replyreply
09-12-2023, (Subject: Bypass Oil Filter ) 
Does anyone have a suggestion on a bypass system that is comparable to the Amsoil single filter setup? I emailed Amsoil since the BMK30 and EABP 120 filters are out of stock and they said they don't expect them back in stock for several months. I looked at the BMK22 with two EABP 110 filters and don't mind running that if that's the best and most cost effective setup available. Just didn't if there was anything better that was more cost effective.
replyreply
09-13-2023, (Subject: Bypass Oil Filter ) 
(09-12-2023 )GunRunner Wrote:  Does anyone have a suggestion on a bypass system that is comparable to the Amsoil single filter setup? I emailed Amsoil since the BMK30 and EABP 120 filters are out of stock and they said they don't expect them back in stock for several months. I looked at the BMK22 with two EABP 110 filters and don't mind running that if that's the best and most cost effective setup available. Just didn't if there was anything better that was more cost effective.

Go back onto the Amsoil WEB site and look up dealers in your area and contact them to see if they have one in stock. Two larger dealers are

Amsoil Synthetic Warehouse, he has a large store and carries a lot of product. 1-800-576-0580, web site is, Oilordering.com he also has a lot of youtube video's, Amsoil Synthetic Warehouse.

Another large dealer is Best-Synthetic-Oils.com.

You can ask the above dealers about the Dual Guard system, the only thing is you have to by 2 filters. Eather 100's or 110's. Thit was the original system for large engines.
My friend put the dual guard on his 2000, 900 with a Detroit 12.7, 60 Series just becouse it has dual oil filters. Then he put on a dual coolant filter from fleetguard and made a custon P/S tank with dual filters on the outside. This truck was a working show truck.
Good Luck.
replyreply
09-13-2023, (Subject: Bypass Oil Filter ) 
I didn't think about contacting a few dealers, thank you for the idea. I guess if all else fails, I'll put the dual system on. I guess it can't hurt to have two filters other than having to buy two. I'd rather get something on now than wait for Amsoil to get some back in. Thanks again for the info.

(09-13-2023 )Toolguy Wrote:  
(09-12-2023 )GunRunner Wrote:  Does anyone have a suggestion on a bypass system that is comparable to the Amsoil single filter setup? I emailed Amsoil since the BMK30 and EABP 120 filters are out of stock and they said they don't expect them back in stock for several months. I looked at the BMK22 with two EABP 110 filters and don't mind running that if that's the best and most cost effective setup available. Just didn't if there was anything better that was more cost effective.

Go back onto the Amsoil WEB site and look up dealers in your area and contact them to see if they have one in stock. Two larger dealers are

Amsoil Synthetic Warehouse, he has a large store and carries a lot of product. 1-800-576-0580, web site is, Oilordering.com he also has a lot of youtube video's, Amsoil Synthetic Warehouse.

Another large dealer is Best-Synthetic-Oils.com.

You can ask the above dealers about the Dual Guard system, the only thing is you have to by 2 filters. Eather 100's or 110's. Thit was the original system for large engines.
My friend put the dual guard on his 2000, 900 with a Detroit 12.7, 60 Series just becouse it has dual oil filters. Then he put on a dual coolant filter from fleetguard and made a custon P/S tank with dual filters on the outside. This truck was a working show truck.
Good Luck.
replyreply
09-14-2023, (Subject: Bypass Oil Filter ) 
I found an AMSOIL Dealer in California that has 3 BMK30 HD kits but no 120 filters. Maybe you can locate filters somewhere else he said in his email could look around.
Here is his information:

Alan
Cameron AMSOIL Depoit
100 El Camino Real
San Carlos, CA 940770
1-650-654-2040
Sorry forget the email
San Carlos is in the Bay area west side, between San Jose and San Francisco.

He didn't give me any prices.

Good Luck
replyreply
09-15-2023, (Subject: Bypass Oil Filter ) 
I got ahold of the Best Synthetics guy and he sold me the BMK30 that he used for a show sample/display. Has the filter and all and he sold it to me at 50% off. Thanks again for the idea

(09-14-2023 )Toolguy Wrote:  I found an AMSOIL Dealer in California that has 3 BMK30 HD kits but no 120 filters. Maybe you can locate filters somewhere else he said in his email could look around.
Here is his information:

Alan
Cameron AMSOIL Depoit
100 El Camino Real
San Carlos, CA 940770
1-650-654-2040
Sorry forget the email
San Carlos is in the Bay area west side, between San Jose and San Francisco.

He didn't give me any prices.

Good Luck
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Toolguy , Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.