Bypass Oil Filter
04-13-2017, (Subject: Bypass Oil Filter ) 
RE: Bypass Oil Filter
(04-12-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  
(04-11-2017 )05ISX450 Wrote:  I never said I do extended oil drains. I do not ! I will say that there is a lot more filter material than with the Amsoil set up. Filters are less expensive too, 1 because it doesn't say Amsoil on it and 2 because you just buy the filter, with no metal spin on housing. Just my 2 cents worth.

Calm down chief. I write things to reflect LOTS of people who may be reading, not just you.

By the way, I am not partial to Amsoil, I dislike their over-priced so called super-duper oil actually. If you found a system that costs less and is just as effective then that is great!. The Amsoil last I checked was about $400 or so by the time you got it installed and about $36 for the filter elements that last 80k miles or more typically. Thats pretty cheap if you ask me.

Let us all know what you paid for the system by the time you got it up and running, what the elements cost, and how long they are lasting. That way people can make a choice.

Just about ALL the brands of bypass oil systems do a fair good job of removing soot from these emissions motors from what I have seen. I just don't agree with extended oil changes and sampling vs. regular oil changes.

I could give a rats arsse what brand someone gets or uses if it works fairly well. When someone asks me, I simply refer them to the less expensive brands that work well and don't cost $1,000+ just to get up and running. Some are ridiculously expensive and make unnecessary claims, and are nothing but money traps with very expensive filters, yet do no better than a cheaper brand.

It's all good Rawze! Going on a long awaited vacation! Will post pictures, and info when I get back.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Bypass Oil Filter - lovoltage - 04-01-2017,
RE: Bypass Oil Filter - Brock - 04-01-2017,
RE: Bypass Oil Filter - Rawze - 04-10-2017,
RE: Bypass Oil Filter - Rawze - 04-12-2017,
RE: Bypass Oil Filter - 05ISX450 - 04-13-2017
RE: Bypass Oil Filter - Brock - 04-01-2017,
RE: Bypass Oil Filter - t700 - 04-11-2017,
RE: Bypass Oil Filter - kryten - 04-11-2017,
RE: Bypass Oil Filter - t700 - 04-12-2017,
RE: Bypass Oil Filter - Rawze - 04-12-2017,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.