Wheel/axle problem - Tire stripping on passenger rear axle
04-04-2017, (Subject: Wheel/axle problem - Tire stripping on passenger rear axle ) 
RE: Wheel/axle problem - Tire stripping on passenger rear axle
Not knowing every thing that happened exactly but from the pictures it looks like a tire height miss match. Maybe originally air pressure got low on one. The tire that is shorter will wear off in a day. It amazing how little tire guys know about tires. I've learned that cheap or out of round brake drums give you that never ending tire bounce going down the road. Cheap Chinese tires aren't truly round. Even some of the Japanese tire suck. Wheel bearing loose enough to be able to see it watching it go down the road not going to happen unless the whole bearing is completely shot. You were seeing a out of round or out of balance tire. I had a kenworth dealer charge me for a alignment and I put new fire stones on the front. Week later I thought I noticed a inside wear pattern. The truck drove straight but I thought the tires looked funny. I checked the air psi and seen that the dealer had aired down one side to create resistance and make it drive straight. I took my homemade toe pointer and seen that it was toed out. I crawled under the truck seen wrench tracks but when I went to turn it out I couldn't budge it. Wound up with a cheater on a pipe wrench with a floor jack on the cheater and a torch heating the threaded ends to get it to turn. I was pissed. A holes charged me for a none existent alignment to ruin my 800 dollars worth of tires. It's rediculous when you have to do your own alignment with cave man tools to get your truck to drive right.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: pearce trucking , gatow900 , axe

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wheel/axle problem - Tire stripping on passenger rear axle - Magard - 04-04-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.