Wheel/axle problem - Tire stripping on passenger rear axle
04-05-2017, (Subject: Wheel/axle problem - Tire stripping on passenger rear axle ) 
RE: Wheel/axle problem - Tire stripping on passenger rear axle
My 2010 prostar has crush sleeves in between the bearings. They are a torque and set type system. I would call a dealer and ask the parts guy if yours have crush sleeves as well. He should also be able to tell you the torque value as well but I can tell you it's over 300 ft/lb. I had a friend that had to have his front axle bent due to a bow in the axle itself. He chased inside tire wear for months putting new drives on every 6 months. Alignment shops he was using never found an issue. He finally found a shop that does things old school and they found the axle was bowed. Got it straightened and now the tires wear like iron. I have the crush sleeves in mine and my caps have been on my truck for over 190k miles and have 10-12 thousands of meat left on them.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wheel/axle problem - Tire stripping on passenger rear axle - Nilao - 04-05-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.