E.R.S "Electrical Reinforcement Strategy"
04-08-2017, (Subject: E.R.S "Electrical Reinforcement Strategy" ) 
E.R.S "Electrical Reinforcement Strategy"
I will post some pictures below of a cheap but I think effective way to reinforce electrical connections. This came to me as a solution to help better insulate the electrical system for my generation one Volvo. If you know about the gen 1 Volvo's, you know they are one tough of a truck with one major weakness, the electrical system. I would ask myself why is it that there's problems with the gen 1 volvos and as I began to really look, what I saw made it pretty clear to me at least.

There was a lot of wire, especially into the ecm that was only single wire insulated with no wire loom or reinforcement. So I think these wire are prone to road salt, weather, and grounding out due to rubbing.

Solution: E.R.S

Any wire that was showing and was not covered in wire loom I first covered with the higher quality electric tape. Then after the first added layer was established it was time for the real guardian.

$3 pvc insulation for hot/cold water pipes. The ones at my local ACE store had adhevise already on it so all I did was cut it into sections that I needed. Took the pipe insulation and wrapped it around the tape job, and that's it. A little added insulation to keep some of the weather and etc out.

Some truck makers are good with covering the wire, like my Peterbilt- almost every wire and cable has some type of wire loom or added insulation. But my Volvo, not so much.

This insulation is also good for any electric lines, air or fuel lines that sit close or on the frame rails.

It really irks me, that a 130k$ truck isn't being made with about $100 worth of conduit to protect the electric lines... it would be a small cost for long term dependability. But I guess I'm "dreaming"!!

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress , gatow900 , fargonaz

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.