09 Prostar running hot
05-18-2017, (Subject: 09 Prostar running hot ) 
RE: 09 Prostar running hot
The last thing I heard from the latest truck shop is that the bottom of the radiator is cold, and the top is hot. They told me this is not right! What is a radiator for, other than to lower heat! Said I need a new thermostat. Rawze said it should have a substantial drop! I already put a new thermostat in it
replyreply
05-18-2017, (Subject: 09 Prostar running hot ) 
The last thing I heard from the latest truck shop is that the bottom of the radiator is cold, and the top is hot. They told me this is not right! What is a radiator for, other than to lower heat! Said I need a new thermostat. Rawze said it should have a substantial drop!
replyreply
05-19-2017, (Subject: 09 Prostar running hot ) 
Is it possible rhat there may be a nest in your exhaust or some kind of exhaust restriction? Kind of fishy that it started doing that after sitting. And it heats up just idling.

User's Signature: 36-25-34
replyreply
05-19-2017, (Subject: 09 Prostar running hot ) 
(05-18-2017 )Mt farmer Wrote:  That's it! On the way for a de-mandate tomorrow

Hopefully it is someone that was highly recommended on this forum. Otherwise, you will be trading one kind of problem with engine failure issues. More bad tuning/del shops than you can shake a stick at out there.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: gearhead , Waterloo , Mt farmer
05-20-2017, (Subject: 09 Prostar running hot ) 
Try to change oil termostat, i know one guy hes truck was overheating , running hot and turns out to be oil termostat. Changed that by himself and heating problem was gone. So you can try that. Lets us know.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.