09 Prostar running hot
04-08-2017, (Subject: 09 Prostar running hot ) 
RE: 09 Prostar running hot
(04-08-2017 )Mt farmer Wrote:  Hello! New to the forum. I have an 09 Prostar, with a isx 450. Bought the truck used from Penske with 250000 miles. Stock radiator pluged too easily o I put a feedlot radiator on it and solved my problem for awhile. Truck sat for 2 months after harvest. Started hauling wheat, and the truck started running hot, like 225 on the hills. Took it to the local Cummings shop, and after 1500$, they could find nothing wrong. Radiator is clean, water pressure is normal. No codes. No leaks, not using coolant or oil. Truck will heat over 200 on high idle. Fan is constantly kicking on, so no problem there. Did the egr tune up, thanks to this site! But still running hot. Also put in a new thermostat, with no luck. Should I just throw a water pump on it? Have run out of ideas. Has the original egr cooler.
Has the filter been changed? Has the radiator, cac, and ac condensor been cleaned? They get clogged with bugs (assuming your running in fields I'm sure dust/twigs bits of stalks and the like too). Just a couple of thoughts..
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz , Mt farmer

Messages In This Thread
RE: 09 Prostar running hot - Squish099 - 04-08-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.