Radiator pressure test kit question
04-12-2017, (Subject: Radiator pressure test kit question ) 
Radiator pressure test kit question
I am looking at radiator pressure test kits on Amazon, the hand pump kind, but don't know which if any contain an adapter for Volvo VNL tank? Has anyone on here purchased one for use on a Volvo? Or has anyone made their own adapter using and old cap?

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
RE: Radiator pressure test kit question
I have this one. Works for all trucks have come across including volvo.

https://amzn.to/2DJNAqM

The place you put it is NOT the fill cap for the Volvo. It is the cap towards the drivers side that has the tube coming off it.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT , Roysbigtoys
Good to know! Thanks Rawze, I will check out the link.

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
Rawze, do you by chance know what number of astro adapter you use for the Volvo? I don't need the master set with all of them, just the pump and that single adapter. Thanks

replyreply
04-17-2017, (Subject: Radiator pressure test kit question ) 
Does anyone out there know the part number for the Astro adapter or any similar brand adapter that works for pressure testing the Volvo coolant system? I am also looking for the number of the adapter that would work on my brother's 99 W900 KW, with CAT 2WS motor. I like the set that Rawze has but don't need all the adapters it comes with. It looks like you can buy single adapters and the pump separately, but nothing lists what class 8 trucks they work on. Thanks

replyreply
(04-17-2017 )JMBT Wrote:  Does anyone out there know the part number for the Astro adapter or any similar brand adapter that works for pressure testing the Volvo coolant system? I am also looking for the number of the adapter that would work on my brother's 99 W900 KW, with CAT 2WS motor. I like the set that Rawze has but don't need all the adapters it comes with. It looks like you can buy single adapters and the pump separately, but nothing lists what class 8 trucks they work on. Thanks

If that year uses the same surge tank as my '09 (pictured), the Mac Tools adapter part number is RA10032 for cross reference. Snap-On website lists TA84 as "Cooling system adaptor Kenworth", but no photo to verify yet TA32A is what it should be?
My '97 Pete was the atypical standard "B" neck, which is listed below.

Snap-On has a "Truck Cooling System Adapter Set" SVTA6100 that includes below:
Snap-On #'s are (the above kit) Mac Tools after in {}
TA27 {Mac # RA10027} for Volvo w/ 63mm X 3mm threaded filler neck
TA50 {Mac # RA10022}for Volvo w/ 48mm X 3mm male thread on neck
TA54 {Mac # RA10054} Freightliner trucks w/ 60mm X 3mm male thread on filler neck
TA32A {Mac # RA10032} International, 2007 & up KW, Pete
TA4505 {Mac # RA14505} for trucks with "B" size (2-11/16 OD) filler neck Adaptors
TA58 {Mac # RA10058} Sprinter w/ 42mm X 2.5mm thread on filler neck

Mac Truck Kit CSA600 has the above first 5, but instead of the Sprinter one, they have RA10036 for International that has the O-ring that RA10032 doesn't have.

Hope this helps.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT , Waterloo
Thanks Hammerhead, I will determine which of those two Volvo numbers is mine. My brother's KW has the old style metal top tank, may be closer to your 97 pete. I'll have to do a bit of research on that too. I remembered earlier, he had this current Radiator custom built 6 core for heavy haul, so it may not even be the regular 99 W9 setup.

replyreply
04-18-2017, (Subject: Radiator pressure test kit question ) 
I was just going to say look for a used Snap On adapter on eBay. Sometimes they have old new stock too for roughly $50 or less. It is just the adapter, but there are plenty of vacuum pumps out there that will work. That is the route I would take. I got the number for the adapter by asking a mechanic up at my local International dealer, he was more than happy to oblige. It was the TA32A just as Hammerhead posted.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT
04-18-2017, (Subject: Radiator pressure test kit question ) 
(04-17-2017 )JMBT Wrote:  Thanks Hammerhead, I will determine which of those two Volvo numbers is mine. My brother's KW has the old style metal top tank, may be closer to your 97 pete. I'll have to do a bit of research on that too. I remembered earlier, he had this current Radiator custom built 6 core for heavy haul, so it may not even be the regular 99 W9 setup.

Yeah, I figured it would be that one. I was pretty sure it was when the DPF was introduced that Paccar went to the plastic surge tank.
Any truck without a plastic surge tank from that time frame used the "B" neck. Pretty standard.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.