Oil pan drain valves....
04-15-2017, (Subject: Oil pan drain valves.... ) 
Oil pan drain valves....
Does anyone on here run an oil pan drain valve? If so what brand?, any problems with leaking? I was just looking at a FUMOTO online....... It sure would be handy.

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
RE: Oil pan drain valves....
I'm running a fumoto. No leaks at all. Just install and good to go. Comes with a rubber gasket. No need for teflon or anything on threads. Works awesome during oil changes or if you want to send oil sample.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT
(04-15-2017 )JMBT Wrote:  Does anyone on here run an oil pan drain valve? If so what brand?, any problems with leaking? I was just looking at a FUMOTO online....... It sure would be handy.

I'm not familiar with the FUMOTO one, this is what I use (standard version). https://www.nospillsystems.com
I also have welded a bung and installed one on the lower steel rad hose.
The threading on of the drain hose is what opens the valve. When closed, if it does leak it has a protective cap that is o-ring sealed for double protection. It threads on in place of the drain hose. The oil plug has been on my truck for 5 years, and the coolant one for two. Neither one leaks externally. There is always a drop or two of coolant under the cap on that one, but I kinda expected that.
They make for very clean servicing. I drain the used oil directly into two empty 5 gallon pails and rarely spill more the one or two drops.

edit: after looking up FUMOTO online, that is what is on my APU. The engine is housed in a box, whereas your truck engine is not necessarily that protected. I would recommend the No Spill System instead, as it is a "captured and redundant" system with a protective cap.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT , scottydogtruck , barf
Thanks for the replies and info guys!

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
I have one, came on the truck when I bought it, small ball valve, no idea who made it. It has never leaked.
replyreply
04-16-2017, (Subject: Oil pan drain valves.... ) 
(04-15-2017 )Hammerhead Wrote:  
(04-15-2017 )JMBT Wrote:  Does anyone on here run an oil pan drain valve? If so what brand?, any problems with leaking? I was just looking at a FUMOTO online....... It sure would be handy.

I'm not familiar with the FUMOTO one, this is what I use (standard version). https://www.nospillsystems.com
I also have welded a bung and installed one on the lower steel rad hose.
The threading on of the drain hose is what opens the valve. When closed, if it does leak it has a protective cap that is o-ring sealed for double protection. It threads on in place of the drain hose. The oil plug has been on my truck for 5 years, and the coolant one for two. Neither one leaks externally. There is always a drop or two of coolant under the cap on that one, but I kinda expected that.
They make for very clean servicing. I drain the used oil directly into two empty 5 gallon pails and rarely spill more the one or two drops.

edit: after looking up FUMOTO online, that is what is on my APU. The engine is housed in a box, whereas your truck engine is not necessarily that protected. I would recommend the No Spill System instead, as it is a "captured and redundant" system with a protective cap.

the no spill one is called a femco plug. they are very high quality and i ran them for years on over 200 pieces of iron and never had a single one fail in the 3+ years i was responsible for them. they are a well built product.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: simon999 , 386lover , Rawze , JMBT , barf
04-16-2017, (Subject: Oil pan drain valves.... ) 
I've installed 2 ((one brass like fumoto, one chromed like)) no leaks in 1 year

I have a 2350 that the pan comes with the drain at the end of it,by the gear box, that part holds 3/4 gal of oil that I must drain otherwise I'll have a contaminated fresh oil

So one at the front right side and the other at the back...works great

I've even "manufactured " a plastic cap of a clear 1/2 " hose closed at one end to keep the debris out of the end of the valve
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.