Volvo headlights
03-23-2016, (Subject: Volvo headlights ) 
RE: Volvo headlights
Quote:I installed this kit in my 2013 670 and I love it. Huge difference from stock lights and is the best $450 I've ever spent. Two thumbs up and I recommend to anyone with a 2014 and older VNL.

Does your kit maintain the stock high beam? I'm also guessing the parameters have to be set so low beams remain on when high beams are on.

User's Signature: Too young to quit........Too old to change.
replyreply
03-24-2016, (Subject: Volvo headlights ) 
(03-23-2016 )kryten Wrote:  
Quote:I installed this kit in my 2013 670 and I love it. Huge difference from stock lights and is the best $450 I've ever spent. Two thumbs up and I recommend to anyone with a 2014 and older VNL.

Does your kit maintain the stock high beam? I'm also guessing the parameters have to be set so low beams remain on when high beams are on.

No. The kit is a Bi-Xenon kit. Meaning that low beam and high beam are done by the same bulb. During low beam, a small flap covers half of the light. When I click the high beams on, the flap retracts and exposes the full light from the bulb. A lot of high end passenger cars are set up the same way.
replyreply
Billdozer - That must be a bitch getting it through an inspection when the "high beams" don't work. I would think the only thing an inspector, road side or shop during annual inspection, would see is a big dark spot in the lower part of the light assembly where light should be and fail it straight away.

User's Signature: Too young to quit........Too old to change.
replyreply
(03-24-2016 )kryten Wrote:  Billdozer - That must be a bitch getting it through an inspection when the "high beams" don't work. I would think the only thing an inspector, road side or shop during annual inspection, would see is a big dark spot in the lower part of the light assembly where light should be and fail it straight away.

You don't remove the high beam assembly. The light looks completely stock from the outside. I still have both a functioning "low beam" and a functioning "high beam". I don't see why it wouldn't pass an inspection. But I haven't had a road side inspection done on this truck yet. I only pass one inspection station and it's rarely open. And if it is open, my company isn't on the "Target List". So they just wave me right through.
replyreply
09-09-2016, (Subject: Volvo headlights ) 
On the deep space lighting kit, You can ask him for a splitter harness if you want a bulb in the high beam spot and buy a cheap/useless ebay 9005 led bulb which will only draw 3amp, not overloading the system. To the roadside inspector it will then appear to be working fine.

I programmed my lcm to turn off low voltage detection so that way I don't need the resistors that come with the kit, drawing much less power and creating much less heat.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
09-12-2016, (Subject: Volvo headlights ) 
(09-09-2016 )Brock Wrote:  On the deep space lighting kit, You can ask him for a splitter harness if you want a bulb in the high beam spot and buy a cheap/useless ebay 9005 led bulb which will only draw 3amp, not overloading the system. To the roadside inspector it will then appear to be working fine.

I programmed my lcm to turn off low voltage detection so that way I don't need the resistors that come with the kit, drawing much less power and creating much less heat.

How did you program the lcm?
replyreply
09-12-2016, (Subject: Volvo headlights ) 
I just went to a Volvo dealership and got then to disable ANK and ANJ parameters and any other associated with low voltage detect. (I can't remember all paremeters off the top of my head)

I know in the eu the have parameters XD and FHL. one is for xenon and one is to have high beam come on and low beam at same time rather than low beam shut off..... but last I checked, those weren't available on our lcm.

Dealer charged me 30 minutes so about 65 bucks.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
09-22-2016, (Subject: Volvo headlights ) 
Hid projector retrofit. Im working on a set for this international right now. Literally night and day difference. Just Google mini d2s 4.0
replyreply
09-22-2016, (Subject: Volvo headlights ) 
(09-22-2016 )Kevin7898 Wrote:  Hid projector retrofit. Im working on a set for this international right now. Literally night and day difference. Just Google mini d2s 4.0

http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=849

./uploads/201609/post_1367_1474585751_5e3581d6249e0a91b2568651ccba9e1b.jpg

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.