Running generator instead of the apu
04-16-2017, (Subject: Running generator instead of the apu ) 
Running generator instead of the apu
Hot summer is coming and Im thinking alternative for the apu. Im thinking about putting generator like honda 2000 or 3000 generator, dont know which one better? Or maybe diesel generator?. Also what type of ac? Portable? Window? Split ac? How many btu is ok running in 100f degree weather.

User's Signature: Cascadia ISX15 CM2350
replyreply
RE: Running generator instead of the apu
I have 12000 BTU split system AC and 4kWt diesel generator. Can survive any heat.[attachment=2724]   

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
 Thanks given by: simon999 , Kid Rock , Waterloo , Jon Mastin , gatow900 , barf , yamajason , Zusky407
(04-16-2017 )snailexpress Wrote:  I have 12000 BTU split system AC and 4kWt diesel generator. Can survive any heat.
looks nice

replyreply
Snailexpress did you connected it to your fuel tanks? Does it has fuel pump or you use some electric fuel pump?

replyreply
(04-16-2017 )simon999 Wrote:  Snailexpress did you connected it to your fuel tanks? Does it has fuel pump or you use some electric fuel pump?
Generator is connected to the fuel tank. It has a electric fuel pump for prime same as we have on truck engine.
replyreply
I have seen snail expresses unit it is very nice works well it will run you out.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress
(04-16-2017 )snailexpress Wrote:  
(04-16-2017 )simon999 Wrote:  Snailexpress did you connected it to your fuel tanks? Does it has fuel pump or you use some electric fuel pump?
Generator is connected to the fuel tank. It has a electric fuel pump for prime same as we have on truck engine.

That is impressive to me! How many holes did you drill? Or was there holes to drill? Im sure those tubes had to be feed in some how...
replyreply
(04-16-2017 )Kid Rock Wrote:  

That is impressive to me! How many holes did you drill? Or was there holes to drill? Im sure those tubes had to be feed in some how...
You have to drill only one hole to slide tubes and wire inside the cab. About 2 inches in diameter.   
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Kid Rock , PuroCumminsPower , barf
(04-16-2017 )Kid Rock Wrote:  

You have to drill only one hole to slide tubes and wire inside the cab. About 2 inches in diameter.

Wow. Thanks
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.