Detroit
04-18-2017, (Subject: Detroit ) 
Detroit
Is there mm for a Detroit? asking for a friend
replyreply
04-18-2017, (Subject: Detroit ) 
RE: Detroit
Gearhead and/or Unilevers would be the ones to talk to about things related to Detroit.

Here is some thoughts on some of the other engines and custom tuning.
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...3#pid11163

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
04-19-2017, (Subject: Detroit ) 
One of our o/o's has a 2015 Western Star with a DD16. After a year and having three DEF lines break from stones hitting it, he had it deleted in Calgary by an agent using a tune from one of our favourite Montreal based tuners.
Things seemed fine for this past year, then two weeks ago disaster struck. It split a liner and dropped a valve. $42,000 later he had it rebuilt including a new computer.
replyreply
(04-19-2017 )uncleal13 Wrote:  One of our o/o's has a 2015 Western Star with a DD16. After a year and having three DEF lines break from stones hitting it, he had it deleted in Calgary by an agent using a tune from one of our favourite Montreal based tuners.
Things seemed fine for this past year, then two weeks ago disaster struck. It split a liner and dropped a valve. $42,000 later he had it rebuilt including a new computer.

Should have gone to gearhead.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: uncleal13
Everyone is always so quick to blame the tune. 90% of the time, the engine is buggered before they even get it done. Why fix what ain't broken right? Guy will start having major issues, codes everywhere so he deletes it and has them turn it to 650 horsepower then gets mad at the guy when his engine craps the bed.

I'm not saying this is the case with uncleal's friend but I see it all the time. In the past 4 months I've had 2 guys telling me their Cummins isn't running right so they go delete it, come back to me and tell me how that fixed their problem and it runs so much better and mpg is up..... of course it is... It's breathing better but your problems aren't over because you didn't fix the problem. Both of them had the motors blow and need a full inframe and both blame the tuner.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: uncleal13 , snailexpress
(04-19-2017 )uncleal13 Wrote:  One of our o/o's has a 2015 Western Star with a DD16. After a year and having three DEF lines break from stones hitting it, he had it deleted in Calgary by an agent using a tune from one of our favourite Montreal based tuners.

Hmmm, $42 k for that repair? sounds like someone was taken for a ride. Being detroit it might really have cost that much but it sure sounds a bit off.
replyreply
04-20-2017, (Subject: Detroit ) 
(04-19-2017 )Starlight Wrote:  

Hmmm, $42 k for that repair? sounds like someone was taken for a ride. Being detroit it might really have cost that much but it sure sounds a bit off.

That included rebuilt about $33,000. Towing $3,000 plus new ECM and programming.
I heard some more of the story today. He had it cranked up to near 700 hp, and said it pulled great all the way down to 900 rpm. So it sounds like he put the hammer down a little too hard.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.