Can cleaned. Regen results
04-22-2017, (Subject: Can cleaned. Regen results ) 
Can cleaned. Regen results
I was under my truck greasing and looking stuff over today. I was looking at the dpf and realized whoever had it apart last did not put the clamp on right. It was not sealing at the top to doc. So I proceeded to tear it apart to fix it and have a look see inside. I blew it out with air and got some soot out of it. Did a maintenance reset then a forced regen. I did a forced last weekend with very similar results. But it still regens every 2-5 hrs.
    before cleaning
    start of disintegrate where it was leaking
    start
    10 min into it doser kick in at 5 min
    final
replyreply
RE: Can cleaned. Regen results
More than likely time to get rid of the mandate... Mine looked better than that when my DPF cracked, $7000 to replace. I got rid of the mandate and have not looked back.
replyreply
I have a cm871. Did a egr tuneup when I bought it but the dpf was "just cleaned" according to the salesmen. Been fighting fuel mileage now I see why regen every few hrs.

Here is my regen history    

imap after 18k. Damm soot machine.
replyreply
(04-22-2017 )Waterloo Wrote:  More than likely time to get rid of the mandate... Mine looked better than that when my DPF cracked, $7000 to replace. I got rid of the mandate and have not looked back.

Yes sir I believe you are right. I will probably have to get one done remotely. Fertilizer season so staying close to Oklahoma. Ordered my pyrometer the other day. I'm getting ready.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
Yep, quite a few DPF just cleaned stories on here, and I am not buying this cleaning nonsense. Replace the DPF/DOC or get rid of the mandate. I have the CM-871 too, and when I cracked it all apart to do the EGR Tuneup, and rid myself of the mandate in my driveway... I was like WTF? How the hell did this truck even get down the road?

Rocky, you can do the mandate removal yourself, I did mine in my driveway. It was scary at first, but was in all reality a piece of cake. You already have the reader, just pm unilever for the CPL file for your truck. Shoot me your email via a pm and I will send you a gift... ;-)
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rockycoon75 , dbl overdrive , gatow900

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.