Doing overhead today, CM-871
11-25-2018, (Subject: Doing overhead today, CM-871 ) 
RE: Doing overhead today, CM-871
(04-23-2017 )Waterloo Wrote:  Like the title says, going out in a few minutes to start the overhead... Finally have some good weather and it is time. Anything I should look at or for that is not obvious when I am in there? Truck is running good, but is smoking a bit more than it should at start up, along with mpg drop. I am figuring the overhead will take care of that. I also, yesterday, pulled the cans off and gutted them right to the walls. I am thinking that my prior job was not good enough and is contributing to my turbo slobber. I was surprised at how little I took out of the DOC when I did the mm. I was actually pissed at myself. So I broke out the hammer and finished the job. That will go back together Monday, as I need to pick up new can gaskets from the dealer... Other than that, and an unexpected coolant leak at my Tri-Pac, which I caught in time, the truck has been trouble free. I have actually had a few months in a row of happy motoring! A first with this truck. Used to be if I got two weeks back to back without trouble I was lucky.

And it has only taken four years to get to this point...
May I ask how much louder it made the exhaust hollowing out the cans?

User's Signature: VOLVO VNL 780 Cummins 450HP CM871 W/13 Spd
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Doing overhead today, CM-871 - Unilevers - 07-04-2017,
RE: Doing overhead today, CM-871 - Makmak - 11-25-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.