ECM replacement advice
04-26-2017, (Subject: ECM replacement advice ) 
RE: ECM replacement advice
(04-23-2017 )arch_stanton Wrote:  Hears how I look at the payment on a new truck, the cost of down time both in revenue and unplanned repair cost out weight the payment considering the stories of spending 30K plus and still not have a truck that is not dependable and you get no return on repair cost when selling as the next buyer expects it to run,If I have to sell a newer truck because of no work it will still have good equity as we only run about 50k miles a year

I too only run around 70,000 miles a year, rarely go anywhere. I know the truck is a pos, but it is my pos, not the banks. The reason I put up with it... If I want to take a week off, I take a week off. I don't have to worry about a truck payment. Funny too, I just rid myself of my VW TDI in the buyback. I'm not even in a hurry to buy a new or even a used car... I don't want a car payment, along with paying more in insurance. I'm at that don't give a shi#t point in my life. And besides, the truck gives me reason to buy more tools. ;-)

Back to the topic...
replyreply
04-26-2017, (Subject: ECM replacement advice ) 
(04-25-2017 )schISM Wrote:  
(04-24-2017 )arch_stanton Wrote:  
(04-24-2017 )schISM Wrote:  
(04-23-2017 )arch_stanton Wrote:  Mid west ECM for 1200$ has been around awhile and is the most expensive they get cheaper from there down to about 400$ any recommendations or places to avoid

I have an ecm from an 01' M-11 sitting on the shelf you can have for the shipping costs if you wanna give it a try.
I had a 96' N-14 that I did this to and it ran good enough to get to the dealer and have the correct programming flashed to it. Of course if you don't mind a "lopey" idle and touchy accelerator just swap and run it ;-)

Thanks Schism

I already have a ECM off a M11 but it's a 94 and they said I could not flash to the correct program but I would like to give yours a try what is the PN # and I will check to make sure it can be programed

I'll look it up tonight when I get home and post it.
I found that ecm this morning, it's been a few years since I last laid hands on it and I thought it was an m-11, turns out it's for an ISM. Sorry about that arch. I'm pretty sure it won't work but here's the numbers.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
04-29-2017, (Subject: ECM replacement advice ) 
Thanks schism for the offer and checking, I have ordered a rebuilt one from midwest ECM repair, they will buy old ECM's and I checked to see if they would buy your's but they do not want one from a ISM they will buy select and select plus for about 300 I will post up what I get for my old M11 ECM.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: schISM
06-07-2017, (Subject: ECM replacement advice ) 
Hears a follow up on my Rebuilt ECM it works great and I got 400 for my core and another 300 for an old M11 Ecm I had laying around.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz
06-08-2017, (Subject: ECM replacement advice ) 
I've only seen ECMs go for 500$ max. Not sure where you are located getting these prices.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.