ECM replacement advice
04-23-2017, (Subject: ECM replacement advice ) 
RE: ECM replacement advice
(04-23-2017 )arch_stanton Wrote:  Waterloo

I am sad to tell you how much I replaced before borrowing the ECM with yes the same PN #

The fuse was replaced the engine wiring harness the Jake harness were replaced and Jake tune up witch I probably needed doing anyway,I checked resistance on every wire I could find both ends of and checked voltage on the ECM wires, replaced the throttle position sensor and that cured a wide open throttle stumble then I replaced the TPC wiring harness the shut off solenoid was replaced I did find the wire to the solenoid was down to 3 strands of wire on the factory connector, the cam sensor was replaced twice once by each of the 2 different dealers that tried to find the problem, the alternator was replaced all grounds were removed cleaned and checked for resistance as was all positive wires. All this was done mostly over the last 6 months although I started poking around years ago but the hiccup finally got bad enough and often enough that I could count of it doing it at start up when cold. I did most of this myself the 2 trips to mechanics were a year apart one just did the cam sensor the other did the Jake tune up and harness and cam sensor.
I am so looking forward to my new trucks and dealing with wiring and mandate issues of the modern high tech engines,Im in Calif and will have to replace all trucks with 2010 or newer in the next two years I have decided to go new as I have heard to many horror stories on the used trucks.

I hear ya... If I did not like payments, I would buy another new one and have it immediately FIXED and drive off into the sunset... I have a bit of debt, which this current truck has exacerbated... I'm down again in my driveway, stupid shi#t... But, paying $3000 a month for a truck is out of the question with the insurance and all. I'll keep bitching and fixing...
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock

Messages In This Thread
RE: ECM replacement advice - Waterloo - 04-23-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.