Maxxforce
04-24-2017, (Subject: Maxxforce ) 
Maxxforce
I'm looking for someone to work on a 2012 Maxxforce ecm. Any info is greatly appreciated. So far all I've come up with is on that other forum and let's just say, not any farther that I can throw him.
replyreply
RE: Maxxforce
Gearhead has made some decent progress with them from what I hear. Maybe ask him where he is at on them, but even if you get it running fantastic they are still junk and have lots of issues from what i have gathered.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(04-24-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  Gearhead has made some decent progress with them from what I hear. Maybe ask him where he is a on them, but even if you get it running fantastic they are still junk and have lots of issues from what i have gathered.
I don't doubt it one bit. But for what I gave for this truck, if I get one year out of it, I can take the wheels off and sell what's left to a junk yard and still be money ahead. Unless this costs as much as the truck, that is.
replyreply
04-27-2017, (Subject: Maxxforce ) 
I'm driving a loaner with a maxxfarce right now. It's pretty gutless. Weak jakes, makes funny noises...Nah. makes decent mileage though.

I'd be curious what it could do in the hands of a skilled tuner though!

...Maybe I'm kind of partial because I'm looking at a steering wheel with leather hanging off of it, and a horn pad duct taped on. And it hasn't even hit 500k yet.
replyreply
05-13-2017, (Subject: Maxxforce ) 
What kind of work you need to be done? I may be able to help you
replyreply
06-20-2017, (Subject: Maxxforce ) 
I almost bought one a couple years ago dirt cheap. Local IH salesman told me off the record that once deleted they are trouble free. I did some research, if you set it under 450 HP, say even 430, 1650 tq, they have actually been alot more dependable, they really build soot over 450, so much so that in an unused 2013 I looked at which was on the lot for 2 years Navistar offered upgrade to 5 year warranty from 3 for free if I set it at 450 or less. Also 2012 was the year for much better egrs and coolers, all 2013 s had em, way less failures. Don't waste your time calling Diesel Shmucks, they got mad and hung up on me when I asked them if their delete was anything more than disabling egr and shutting off engine protections. (For a measly 4 Grand) They also warranty nothing, so when it blows up, just strip the truck, or go find a wrecker motor. N13 (new) is exactly same motor with less EGR, and scr added, and it's been a good engine from what I hear..so, cut some soot, and it might live.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: big_roy
That's what a friend of mine that owns a IH dealership has told me also. And this one is set at 430/1650 with 400K and no current issues. As soon as I get a little more cash flow again, I'd like to get gearhead to work on it for me. So far I haven't been able to make it happen yet.
replyreply
What I was thinking of was to mimic N13 fuel maps and timing into the MF, thereby reducing EGR. Leave EGR, dpf alone and try it that way. Was also thinking 400 or less HP. Crete and Mesilla run a pile of em and they seem to get the job done, just not the first one up the hill.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.