I found the Ambient Air Temp Sensor! 2008 ProStar...
08-05-2019, (Subject: I found the Ambient Air Temp Sensor! 2008 ProStar... ) 
RE: I found the Ambient Air Temp Sensor! 2008 ProStar...
Insite, under features and parameters it shows my ambient sensor is disabled. Does that mean that don't have one or does it automatically get disabled if it malfunctions. When I tried to enable it I got a engine code spn 171.
replyreply
BTW, 2011 prostar w/cm871
replyreply
If you have Insite, then what does it say the code is? Right click on it and follow the troubleshooting tree. Someone probably turned it off because of the code.
replyreply
(08-05-2019 )rapidisimo Wrote:  Insite, under features and parameters it shows my ambient sensor is disabled. Does that mean that don't have one or does it automatically get disabled if it malfunctions. When I tried to enable it I got a engine code spn 171.

some trucks simply did not have one tied to the ecm.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: rapidisimo , trucklogger2
08-06-2019, (Subject: I found the Ambient Air Temp Sensor! 2008 ProStar... ) 
Is the ambient air temperature sensor the same as the ambient air pressure sensor? Forgive me if this is a stupid question.
replyreply
08-06-2019, (Subject: I found the Ambient Air Temp Sensor! 2008 ProStar... ) 
(08-06-2019 )rapidisimo Wrote:  Is the ambient air temperature sensor the same as the ambient air pressure sensor? Forgive me if this is a stupid question.

Temp and pressure are 2 different things.

Just for reference, a lot of the trucks I have look at, have that OEM ambient Temp Sensor disabled.

Also, a sensor would not say "disabled" unless it has been set that way, has nothing to do with a senors failing. Features and Parameters are options for the truck, not status displays.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: rapidisimo

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.