2015 international prostar scr issues
03-20-2019, (Subject: 2015 international prostar scr issues ) 
2015 international prostar scr issues
Hello guys, I have a 2015 international prostar with a Cummins ISX 15 in it right around 393,000 miles. I am having a issues with my scr throwing fault codes. I have changed both NOx senors which were Originally sending codes. once I replaced them the scr started to give fault codes and I just recently had my def dozer cleaned. A couple of days ago I changed my map senor after finding rawze on YouTube. So any help or suggestions are Appreciated.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
07-31-2019, (Subject: 2015 international prostar scr issues ) 
RE: 2015 international prostar scr issues
just found this post. Must have gotten lost in the noise.

According to the likely out of date print-out I have on SPN codes, the ...
SPN: 4364 FMI:18 -- should be cummins fault code 3582.

Fault code 3582 = Aftertreatment SCR Catalyst Conversion Efficiency - Data Valid But Below Normal Operating Range - Moderately Severe Level. NOx conversion across the SCR catalyst is too low.

The other code(SPN:3984 FMI:2), I did not find. Likely a truck code and not an engine code.

Basically, it is saying that somewhere between NOx output of the engine, and the output of the SCR, (could actually be DOC, DPF, and/ SCR), the overall NOx reduction is not working as well as it should.

What does the regen history look like?

Has the DOC and DPf been pulled and sent off for baking + de-ash?. If not, then likely have that done + take some pics of their faces and post them here.

Is the engine consuming any oil?

Have you done the rest of the things like replacing the Delta-P on the engine + clean out the cross-pipes for it? .. How about the other sensors like the exhaust gas sensor, etc.

Lastly, there have been some software updates by cummins on this particular code. When is the last time you had the software updated in the ecm?.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.