I found the Ambient Air Temp Sensor! 2008 ProStar...
04-26-2017, (Subject: I found the Ambient Air Temp Sensor! 2008 ProStar... ) 
RE: I found the Ambient Air Temp Sensor! 2008 ProStar...
(04-26-2017 )marek4792 Wrote:  I notice on almost every truck including my Volvo has them on the front a Cascadia I drove had two of them right next to each other, I wonder if this would cure rough idle and surge I have had even after putting new injectors and actuators in. On insite mine seems to be stuck at 72°F but I'm not sure if it's part of the mandate d€l3t or not?

I would move them, at least up to the cowl by the wipers... Can't hurt, especially with how they are tied in to the motors ECM. I swear these manufacturers do this stuff on purpose, as no one could be that stupid. Counting the dollars in the shop, that they are.
replyreply
04-27-2017, (Subject: I found the Ambient Air Temp Sensor! 2008 ProStar... ) 
Yup and they don't care because they design everything to be a headache. Looks like I got myself something to do tomorrow
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
I like these connectors too.
https://amzn.to/2Lj69Z5

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Drybulktanker , Toolguy
I thought there used to be a post on here of where that sensor was located. I posted where mine was, 09 Prostar, mine wasn't buried in tape like yours, and I find mine reads fine unless I'm stopped. If it's on the highway getting lots of air it reads correctly.
replyreply
04-28-2017, (Subject: I found the Ambient Air Temp Sensor! 2008 ProStar... ) 
(04-27-2017 )barf Wrote:  I thought there used to be a post on here of where that sensor was located. I posted where mine was, 09 Prostar, mine wasn't buried in tape like yours, and I find mine reads fine unless I'm stopped. If it's on the highway getting lots of air it reads correctly.

I know I have asked at least twice on the ProStar. But mine was just an inch off of the radiator base plate. I had to cut the zip ties that secured the harness to the frame rail and front crossmember to locate its shape under all of the electrical tape. It only read correctly after the truck had been shut down long enough to cool off, and only in the winter. In the warmer weather it picked up the heat off of the asphalt, and that through it off. Now, it is reading the correct temp.
replyreply
(04-26-2017 )marek4792 Wrote:  I notice on almost every truck including my Volvo has them on the front a Cascadia I drove had two of them right next to each other, I wonder if this would cure rough idle and surge I have had even after putting new injectors and actuators in. On insite mine seems to be stuck at 72°F but I'm not sure if it's part of the mandate d€l3t or not?

So on a Volvo what/where would I look to find my sensor?
replyreply
@mrseas On mine It's on the head light wiring harness that connect the driver and passenger side headlights on the hood in the center.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: mrseas
04-29-2017, (Subject: I found the Ambient Air Temp Sensor! 2008 ProStar... ) 
(04-28-2017 )marek4792 Wrote:  @mrseas On mine It's on the head light wiring harness that connect the driver and passenger side headlights on the hood in the center.
Thanks.....I'll take a look!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: marek4792
06-03-2017, (Subject: I found the Ambient Air Temp Sensor! 2008 ProStar... ) 
I might be a noob here but where does it display at on the 11 Prostar? I've owned this one and never seen a temp display, thanks
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.