Tri-Pac not starting after coolant hose blowout...
04-27-2017, (Subject: Tri-Pac not starting after coolant hose blowout... ) 
RE: Tri-Pac not starting after coolant hose blowout...
Actually the correct procedure for working on coolant systems is to pull a vacuum on the system and fill it by the lower drain line. Just before it gets to the top of the coolant tank and into the vacuum pump, relieve it and let it purge all the dead spaces. Pull vacuum again and repeat purging it a couple times to be safe.

Result = no air trapped in the system whatsoever.

I do this when I work on trucks that comes over here. Works fantastic and no fuss about air in the system doing some damage later on.

Cheap-o harbor freight vacuum pump works great.

====

I have seen more that a few guys destroy engines, both car and truck alike over the years by not pulling a vacuum and purging the air from the coolant system. I even had a lawyer contact me once about this subject after someone's truck was destroyed by a shop that was lazy and only poured coolant into the coolant tank to fill it. Truck ran down the road about 10 miles just fine, then coolant temp went through the roof with no pre-warning for just a moment, then back down,.. but it was too late, engine was done for. - Lawyer showed me a statement from the Truck maker saying the coolant system should only even be filled by vacuum and from the bottom up.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Kid Rock , Waterloo

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tri-Pac not starting after coolant hose blowout... - Rawze - 04-27-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.