Fuel temperature sensor and hello
05-01-2017, (Subject: Fuel temperature sensor and hello ) 
Fuel temperature sensor and hello
2014 CM2350 X101, PukeDits de-manded and branded exhaust manifold, turbo and cam. I've plugged in to the diagnostic and regardless of outside temp the fuel sensor is saying 32° F, now I know that just isn't correct and from reading on here it would seem to be a indication of a bad tune but to be sure I want to replace the sensor.....if I could find it. Does anyone know if it's integrated with the fuel pressure sensor on the separator?

The truck was like this when I started driving it, recently broken block (due to busted crank) so reman is in now. I've added a pyrometer and the boost gauge is the digital one on the nav display. Just last week the PukeDits turbo blew apart so now new turbo and cac (duralite). And an odd thing, the fuel mileage calculation was always really close, this last fill up it was off about a half mpg. Around 30k on the reman, long term fuel economy is crud, I pull a cattle pot so it's not going to be great, but similar rigs are getting 6-6.5.

Anyways, hello.
replyreply
RE: Fuel temperature sensor and hello
(05-01-2017 )Rounded_nut Wrote:  2014 CM2350 X101, PukeDits de-manded and branded exhaust manifold, turbo and cam. I've plugged in to the diagnostic and regardless of outside temp the fuel sensor is saying 32° F, now I know that just isn't correct and from reading on here it would seem to be a indication of a bad tune but to be sure I want to replace the sensor.....if I could find it. Does anyone know if it's integrated with the fuel pressure sensor on the separator?

The truck was like this when I started driving it, recently broken block (due to busted crank) so reman is in now. I've added a pyrometer and the boost gauge is the digital one on the nav display. Just last week the PukeDits turbo blew apart so now new turbo and cac (duralite). And an odd thing, the fuel mileage calculation was always really close, this last fill up it was off about a half mpg. Around 30k on the reman, long term fuel economy is crud, I pull a cattle pot so it's not going to be great, but similar rigs are getting 6-6.5.

Anyways, hello.

There is no actual fuel temp. sensor on cm2350.My is the same way.
replyreply
Get that tune out of your ecm before you blow another crank. Throw the duralite CAC in the garbage and get an oem. Buy you a new VGT turbo when you get it programmed correctly or you will never get any MPG from the truck. It's all over the forum here how the other tuners just do not care to or are not smart enough to comprehend what is actually happening in the ECM.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
(05-01-2017 )Rounded_nut Wrote:  2014 CM2350 X101, PukeDits de-manded and branded exhaust manifold, turbo and cam. I've plugged in to the diagnostic and regardless of outside temp the fuel sensor is saying 32° F, now I know that just isn't correct and from reading on here it would seem to be a indication of a bad tune but to be sure I want to replace the sensor.....if I could find it. Does anyone know if it's integrated with the fuel pressure sensor on the separator?

Anyways, hello.

hello! you sound like a nice enough guy so ill give it to you straight.

there is so much wrong with your story and what you said i feel sorry for you. i think you need to rethink what path your going down with this truck. come back to the light!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: dbl overdrive

Anyways, hello.

Welcome to the list of victims of bad deletes...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid13255

First order of business is to get a Holset VG turbo back on it and get it to Unilevers, Gearhead, or Mr. Hag down in Atlanta.

Don't take my word for it,... ask around. There are lots of guys who went down the path someone took with that engine,.. only to end up in grief before realizing how much money they wasted on such horrible hack-job tuning and terrible mods that do nothing but make your ego feel better by big-name companies who's only goals is to ripp you off and sell you the worst tuning you can imagine!. If it were here, I would show you all the wrong doings in that terrible programming. Even someone who knows very little about engines would cringe.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , dbl overdrive , scottydogtruck
I do go down through Atlanta often enough, what sort of down time is it to put in a new program etc? After reading through here, and speaking with others the holset would be nice just to get full engine brake! Does the aftermarket cam cause issues with the new program(I'm presuming you refer to @m*m^2?)
replyreply
(05-01-2017 )Rounded_nut Wrote:  I do go down through Atlanta often enough, what sort of down time is it to put in a new program etc? After reading through here, and speaking with others the holset would be nice just to get full engine brake! Does the aftermarket cam cause issues with the new program(I'm presuming you refer to @m*m^2?)

Aftermarket cam would depend on how it affected the valve open/close delays.

Mr. Hag in atlanta is not a bad option to get it straightened out if you go through there a lot.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
05-02-2017, (Subject: Fuel temperature sensor and hello ) 
Thanks, I've sent him a pm and will proceed from there!
replyreply
05-03-2017, (Subject: Fuel temperature sensor and hello ) 

Anyways, hello.

Your road to recovery with it to get it right will include...

* Putting back the Holset VGT. One of the worst mistakes was made by removing it.

* Getting rid of that Duralite CAC unit. They are beyond horribly restrictive to the air-flow and cause efficiency losses like mad. OEM is the only way to go with them. Reference: CAC Duri-Lite vs Stock

* The risk of possibly having to replace that cam, but only tuning checking the valve delay and tuning it will reveal that one.

* Spending some extra hours while whoever re-programs it straightens out pin assignments and and j1939 addresses that have been lost due to their bad programming methods. This is most likely the reason why your fuel temp sensor is not working any more and it is stuck at its default (unplugged) value. The settings from the factory in the ECM are now likely lost and have to be found again. This is very typical of big-name deletes that corrupt the ECM's addressing and programming after someone dumps in a program not meant for your exact engine. Those big-name companies all try to make one program try to fit all trucks like a bunch of morons.

=====

I really hate it when someone becomes a victim of all these market hype products and services that are mostly designed to take people's money instead of provide something of quality. All those companies with their heavy advertisements and market bull$hit, paid add placement, etc. thrive on truck owners who don't know any better. They make millions mostly through heavy advertising that is bent on tickling your ego and brainwashing you into thinking you are doing something good.

They are so good at brain-stamping people that most of them cannot even be reasoned with any more. They have been permanently damaged in the head into thinking that all that crap is somehow a good thing. All their friends did it, so do must they. -- It is truly sad.

It is only AFTER they have taken you for all you are worth, and now your buried in bad expensive decisions that will cost you even more to fix back, or undo, that some will realize that what they have done may not have been the best thing. I equate it to traveling through a bad neighborhood where most of the streets are NOT some place you want to go. The problem is that all the locals are telling you to go down this street and that street because they simply want to take advantage of you. Then you see all the fancy lights and signs and glittery buildings and tell yourself that must be the way to go. Only those streets are the worst of all, as they have used the money and mis-fortune of others to put up those big fancy signs.

You finally meet someone who has been down those streets and has gotten past that town and are now in the clear of it. They tell you to go down the dirt road that hardly anyone lives on and not to turn down any other streets, yet you question it because all the others are going this other way. Believe me and the others on this forum when they say they have been there. Most of those roads are not somewhere you want to ever want be if you care about what you do.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead , snailexpress , scottydogtruck , Squish099

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.